Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina >

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 05-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. Based upon some of your stories, I definitely agree that I'm much better off without that boat and will try to use OSO resources next time and of course - a plane ride. As for Cumberland, I'm sure they must have some satisfied customers but they certainly didn't treat me very well and it cost me $$. (yes, I'm on a budget) What I had the hardest time with was that they just refused to own up to the misrepresentation and make things right. But, live and learn as they say...

So, if anyone on here knows of another Top Gun in the 99-02 range with fresh power, a full cabin or extended cover girl that is not currently advertised, (I've looked everywhere online I can find) please let me know. (954) 673-2225

Thanks again guys,
Tony
Old 05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tgracer
Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. Based upon some of your stories, I definitely agree that I'm much better off without that boat and will try to use OSO resources next time and of course - a plane ride. As for Cumberland, I'm sure they must have some satisfied customers but they certainly didn't treat me very well and it cost me $$. (yes, I'm on a budget) What I had the hardest time with was that they just refused to own up to the misrepresentation and make things right. But, live and learn as they say...

So, if anyone on here knows of another Top Gun in the 99-02 range with fresh power, a full cabin or extended cover girl that is not currently advertised, (I've looked everywhere online I can find) please let me know. (954) 673-2225

Thanks again guys,
Tony
What kind of boat do you have to trade? Cigarette can put a covergirl cabin in ours, give me a call 954-328-2022.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Here's the link to my boat Lucky Strike:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16318-en.html

I'll call you in a few... Hey, if there are any private Top Gun owners looking to downsize maybe we can make a deal as well.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Here's the link to my boat Lucky Strike:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16318-en.html

I'll call you in a few... Hey, if there are any private Top Gun owners looking to downsize maybe we can make a deal as well.
No problem Tony. Let me know. I'm suprised we've never seen you out being we're in Pompano. I'll take your boat on trade if we can work out some numbers.

Thanks,
Bobby
Old 05-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if there are any private Top Gun owners looking to downsize maybe we can make a deal as well.
Don't see that ever happening , when you get yours you'll know why!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

I think you're right Joker, and that's what will hopefully make it all worth while...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by the duke
Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the ONLY post from "tgracer" is this one?
I noted that too.... I hope OSO will leave this up and let Lake Cumberland respond. Let's be honest, none of us know tgracer, but his story sounds legit, so it needs to be aired out. Based upon this story someone is a liar, none of us know who.

However, that said, what I have learned from OSO is that if a dispute is aired the facts come out and this bunch around here is one hell of a jury. Neither side, if boath participate, can slide ANYTHING over on us.

I hope Lake Cumberland chimes in and refutes the claims, clears up the misunderstanding, makes it right, or is proven to be less than honest. I have seen several occasions when a merchant was a crook he got nailed here, and several time when an unrealistic customer made a false claim which quickly leads to betterment of the merchant. We all know the drill, and with a little info we all know the score, and we all make pretty good judges.

Come on Lake Cumberland. It is your time to shine, or ????????????

Last edited by dean51267; 05-28-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

I haul alot of boats for Randy and if his business practices were not on par then he would not be moving the number of boats he is doing. Since this is a hoiday weekend I tried to call his cell and let him know to respond to this but he is gone. As we all know there are THREE sides to every story. Also seems like the compaining party does not know alot about this sport or as some of you suggested he should have flown to look at the boat or hired a profestional to look at it for him
Old 05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you trailer your boat to them covered? If if got damaged, they would have made you pay for that also. Sorry, I couldn't resist. They seem like a top notch operation, I am very surprised you were treated like that. Big dolllar boat or not, it seems that everyone always moves up in this sport and they would want to build a good reputation with everyone. It just goes to show, bad news travels faster than good.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I haul alot of boats for Randy and if his business practices were not on par then he would not be moving the number of boats he is doing. Since this is a hoiday weekend I tried to call his cell and let him know to respond to this but he is gone. As we all know there are THREE sides to every story. Also seems like the compaining party does not know alot about this sport or as some of you suggested he should have flown to look at the boat or hired a profestional to look at it for him

agreed, they move a LOT of boats, and their reputation is strong, so they get the benefit of the doubt, but they should respond, if nothing else to let this community see them come to the table as winners and responsible members of this community.

Quick Reply: My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.