Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159280-my-expensive-lesson-lake-cumberland-marina.html)

BattleCry 05-30-2007 03:41 AM

This forum always cracks me up. Relentless is a great word to describe the members of this forum. Boat buying has always been a tough game of chance no matter who you are. My personal opinion is that this gentleman went to Lake Cumberland with the best of intentions. After reading and lurking here for a few years, would draw a conclusions that LCM is a stand-up business and a company that properly represents their boat. Hence, the driving from South Florida to trade sight-unseen. That is not an uncommon practice. It all falls back to the representation on the net and over the phone. This gentleman sensed something wasn't right and for the price he was agreeing to pay his expectations were as high as it was represented. An engine room detail probably could have solved alot of problems. I understand the frustration of this gentleman. I too have walked away from deals because of misrepresentation. A survey probably would have saved some money. LCM still has zero response to this. It must not be a big deal to them.

Tbonepmp 06-01-2007 01:45 PM

~tgracer~
We need an update?

tgracer 06-01-2007 05:33 PM

Hello Tbonepmp,

Wish I had an update for you saying that they called me and were making things right by sending me a check. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from them at all and as you can see they don't seem to care enough to post a response for what is sure to be one of their largest customer bases. I don't get it...

The good news is that I've found a nearly new boat to purchase. (only 10 hours) It's not a Cigarette and more money but hopefully does away with these type of issues. I'll let everyone know when I get it and I'll post some pics too. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Btw, in the event that they do post something requiring a reply from me and I don't, just so everyone knows I'll be out of town for a week and not able to be on-line.

Tony

TexomaPowerboater 06-01-2007 05:39 PM

Sometimes these these things just happen for the better.

99fever27 06-01-2007 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by tgracer (Post 2147891)
Hello Tbonepmp,

Wish I had an update for you saying that they called me and were making things right by sending me a check. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from them at all and as you can see they don't seem to care enough to post a response for what is sure to be one of their largest customer bases. I don't get it...

The good news is that I've found a nearly new boat to purchase. (only 10 hours) It's not a Cigarette and more money but hopefully does away with these type of issues. I'll let everyone know when I get it and I'll post some pics too. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Btw, in the event that they do post something requiring a reply from me and I don't, just so everyone knows I'll be out of town for a week and not able to be on-line.

Tony

Congrats...hope all goes well with this purchase

bgchuby01 06-01-2007 07:23 PM

From the way Randy says your attitude was I don't think that a check will be coming anytime soon

Jupiter Sunsation 06-01-2007 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01 (Post 2147977)
From the way Randy says your attitude was I don't think that a check will be coming anytime soon

Thought Randy would have wanted to clear this up by now. Seems odd he didn't respond even after you told him about this.

In this market for a buyer to walk, then buy another boat elsewhere you would think LCM would realize this guy was a buyer and not a tire kicker.

bgchuby01 06-01-2007 07:43 PM

there is more to this than you are reading

Surgin' General 06-01-2007 09:04 PM

Tony may be new to offshore boating but he gets some points for posting his name and number on this forum and welcoming input on his situation. He could have stayed anonymous but he chose to bring his grievance onto the forum looking for advice. Randy has the option of responding here but also has the right to deal with this situation man to man, or not at all, including responding to any prospective new customer who would like to question Randy about this deal before they buy from him. I wouldn't mind hearing his side, but I think bigchuby needs to stop speaking for Randy since we all know third party conversations don't hold up in court or this forum.

Tony, I hope you're getting your new boat surveyed, sea trialed and viewed BY YOU before you make the purchase. Good luck.

SG

Dock Holiday 06-01-2007 09:16 PM

I do not have a dog in this fight, but I know several people that have received good deals from Randy and he has always impressed me as being straight up.

It is important that each and everyone of us go and personally look at and test drive any boat that we are considering buying from anyone before we agree to a deal in my opinion. A survey would be the next step after you were satisfied with the above.

I hear all the time how a boat was not what the buyer was expecting once he arrived to look at it. Everyone has a different opinion of what is good and what is not when it comes to anything we buy.

I hope everything works out for both parties.