Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina >

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 05-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove back and forth 6 times and 24 hours to have my boat serviced by a Sunsation dealer properly in PA. Then back and forth 6 times and 18 hours to a Merc. platinum dealer in CT to have my boat serviced by a dealer who supposedly knew what they were doing. I'm sure I incurred about a grand or two in expenses and ended up with a gouge in my paint, a dented exhaust, loose wires, a dirty filthy greasy bloody rear bench seat, shoe prints all over my boat, lost drive shower, and to top it all off, the master mechanic that pulled my motor and put it back in routed the speedo pick-up tube over the top of the bell housing, it quickly melted through the hose and the first time out this year I had water spray all over the motor and about 15 gallons in the bilge. The marine idustry as a whole is as shady as it gets.

If I had a customer traveling 20 hours and towing his boat to come look at a boat I was selling, I would have made damn sure that boat was in tip top shape and ready to sea-trial.

Last edited by Chris288; 05-29-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i live in Somerset about 1 mile from Lake Cumberland Marine....I even tried to go sell boats for them....been in the car buisness for 14 years and boats are my passion just like you....anyways if you need me to inspect a boat for you just call Chip Cecil...229-669-5380
Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Depends on the state and how paid for. I live in oklahoma and we are a non title holding state. It is illegal here to sell a boat with out a title or bill of sale stating that you will file for lost title. If it is a new car or boat than you get a origin title that the state will conert to a state title and that takes about three days. I take my check book and if you don't have the title and lien release than I don't buy.
I'm speaking about boat dealers. As a rule, you get a bill of sale (purchase agreement). MOST dealers floor their new boats and some larger trades/used. The title and lein release take a little while to get. Additonally since most buyers finance some portion of the purchase price the buyers never see the title
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should add that TNT Marine/Spinnackers in Miami always did exactly what they promised, and I would be pleased to do business again with them in the future.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You know we used to say on the car lot. "Sticker is quicker and the service is better"

Buy from individuals, at least it is a fairer fight.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR
I should add that TNT Marine/Spinnackers in Miami always did exactly what they promised, and I would be pleased to do business again with them in the future.
Service plus is what I've always found with TNT. They go out of there way to do the right thing.

LS
Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
I'm speaking about boat dealers. As a rule, you get a bill of sale (purchase agreement). MOST dealers floor their new boats and some larger trades/used. The title and lein release take a little while to get. Additonally since most buyers finance some portion of the purchase price the buyers never see the title
In Texas it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a title. hell it took me 9 months to get my used boat documented. Just the way it is working with the goverment
Old 05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
In Texas it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a title. hell it took me 9 months to get my used boat documented. Just the way it is working with the goverment
it was a fountain, what did you expect?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
LOL, how is your buddy doing?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
They asked him wether he was going to put his fountain in the front yard, or the back.

Quick Reply: My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.