My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgracer
Hello Tbonepmp,

Wish I had an update for you saying that they called me and were making things right by sending me a check. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from them at all and as you can see they don't seem to care enough to post a response for what is sure to be one of their largest customer bases. I don't get it...

The good news is that I've found a nearly new boat to purchase. (only 10 hours) It's not a Cigarette and more money but hopefully does away with these type of issues. I'll let everyone know when I get it and I'll post some pics too. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Btw, in the event that they do post something requiring a reply from me and I don't, just so everyone knows I'll be out of town for a week and not able to be on-line.

Tony
Congrats...hope all goes well with this purchase
Old 06-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the way Randy says your attitude was I don't think that a check will be coming anytime soon
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
From the way Randy says your attitude was I don't think that a check will be coming anytime soon
Thought Randy would have wanted to clear this up by now. Seems odd he didn't respond even after you told him about this.

In this market for a buyer to walk, then buy another boat elsewhere you would think LCM would realize this guy was a buyer and not a tire kicker.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

there is more to this than you are reading
Old 06-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Tony may be new to offshore boating but he gets some points for posting his name and number on this forum and welcoming input on his situation. He could have stayed anonymous but he chose to bring his grievance onto the forum looking for advice. Randy has the option of responding here but also has the right to deal with this situation man to man, or not at all, including responding to any prospective new customer who would like to question Randy about this deal before they buy from him. I wouldn't mind hearing his side, but I think bigchuby needs to stop speaking for Randy since we all know third party conversations don't hold up in court or this forum.

Tony, I hope you're getting your new boat surveyed, sea trialed and viewed BY YOU before you make the purchase. Good luck.

SG
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I do not have a dog in this fight, but I know several people that have received good deals from Randy and he has always impressed me as being straight up.

It is important that each and everyone of us go and personally look at and test drive any boat that we are considering buying from anyone before we agree to a deal in my opinion. A survey would be the next step after you were satisfied with the above.

I hear all the time how a boat was not what the buyer was expecting once he arrived to look at it. Everyone has a different opinion of what is good and what is not when it comes to anything we buy.

I hope everything works out for both parties.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

I don't know, the silence from Randy is defening. Big Chubby has a lot of credit with me, and I have traveled down to GA to see a boat listed here in the classifieds here and found it to be far less than promised, to the point the boat never even hit the water, I went there as a buyer, with a cashiers check in my pocket, but never expected the seller to reimburse my expenses, which ran near $1000.

I still think there is more here than is being presented, and as creditable as Jeff (big Chubby) is, he can not be a first party source. However, with as many people as I personally know who LCM has made very, very happy, I still think there is more to the story.

I just thought of something. Every so often I have a client I just do not click with, on a rare occasion one I can not stand, they have the expectations I walk on water, and want me to do so at unrealistic prices and do not intend to treat my girls (employees) the way I want, so I just let the deal fall apart. Maybe I should tell them "you are a fking jerk and I am not taking a penny of your money" but instead I just let the relationship fall apart. That is what this sounds like to me. On a super rare occasion the communication was just not working and I thought the guy was a jerk and was not, but based upon something else in my past I figured he was and incorrectly ignored them. If you weed out bad clients at the door occasionally you will accidently weed out a good one. It is simply the cost of doing business. Maybe there is some of this here. Seems to be the only thing that makes sense. YOu do not build an outfit the size of LCM by screwing over customers, the market just oes not work that way, and expecially not this one.

However we now know Tony is looking for a check, so this is not a story of "I am simply providing info", it is more of a "I got screwed and expect to get paid" story, which has a different creditability level all together.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Everyones experience is different. I made a deal on a 45 sonic with Randy, everything done but a sea trial. Had to back out at the last minute, I was treated very well. He could have kept my deposit but returned it. Another board member wound up with it, so it was the nice boat that was represented to me. Conversely on of the dealers listed as good on this thread had me fly 1/2 way across the country to look at a total pile of crap that had been described to me as a clean boat with motors built off the original (2000) 500's. It was a beat boat with mark IV blocks (haven't been built since 1993 ish). Totally misrepresented the boat. The engine builder was the only honest one. Cost me $500 to find out.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perhaps LCM doesn't consider it a big deal and therefore elects not to respond !! Or, considers it prudent to "let that sleeping dog lie ". It might be interesting to know how many other respondents a response LCM would draw. I'll bet there are some!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Perhaps LCM doesn't consider it a big deal and therefore elects not to respond !! Or, considers it prudent to "let that sleeping dog lie ". It might be interesting to know how many other respondents a response LCM would draw. I'll bet there are some!!!!!!!
A company cant respond to every little grievance by somebody on the net. They should do it privately. I dont blame LCM for not posting here. Nothing good will come of it. People already know there are 3 sides to the story and have decided to belive what they want.

This thread is interesting and informative and I think we all learned a lesson from your experience. Ive been to a dealer to check out a boat that was misrepresented like yours, but all it cost me was a drive across town, it happens, too often, but unfortunatly thats part of the marine industry.

Quick Reply: My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.