East Dover Marine NO HELP !!!

Notices

East Dover Marine NO HELP !!!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy East Dover Marine NO HELP !!!

Being a NJPPC member I was looking foward to the club social Sunday at the Captin's Inn on Barnaget Bay N.J. I though I would take the jet skis. Unloading one of skis from the trailer my daughter pulled to close to shore and sucked up a stone. Loaded it back on the trailer looked in from underneath and saw the stone. Now its 9:00am after a 2 plus hour drive and a stone is going to kill my day. Thought I would try East Dover Marina a club sponsor and ski doo dealer to see if they could help.I get there, explain my problem , that I had traveled 2 hours , was a club member,made it clear I wasn't asking the price and would they help me ? NO you can leave it and it would take a week or so to look at it. I told them ok thank you and left. Took the ski back to my shop in Oakland 2 hours away picked it up with my fork lift , took out the three 6mm bolts one 8mm bolt, removed the intake grill. Grabbed a piece of rod bent a hook in it and picked out the stone,replaced the grill and bolts.Total time start to finish 18 min. Looked at the clock it was 1:00 pm hope the party was going well? It just wasn't meant to be for me. East Dover Marina could have had the best type of customer a greatful one. Instead they got the worst form of advertising there is a person who in conversation will always tell of a bad experience.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Thats a BUMMER !
Old 05-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered

i dont think his post sounded anything like that.....
Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

you know if it was a big job i would understand, but to pull an intake grate on a jet ski, you would think they could take 10 minutes out of there day to help out. I would have.

Last edited by H2Xmark; 05-28-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

theres no reason they couldnt have helped him...that sucks. hey reggie for future reference theres a great sli mechanic, custom hull builder and racers shop on 166 in S. Toms River...Full Throttle Powersports is the name of the place. i sent them some business and they've let me store my boats there year round for ZIP !! great mechanic, total motor and theres always 15 - 20 skis there from all over ...tell them Bernie sent ya...not that it will make a difference but just so they know i appreciate there assistence
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

East Dover has always been a little strange/unfriendly for
years.

I always trailer my boat and they have a lift........some times
its one price other times its off the scale?

Some times they just ignore you or blow you off . Happened
to me and some of my friends enough times that you can
see that's how they operate.

As far as the skis ........unless they sold it to you, they will
tell you to take a hike. Tough way to make new customers,
but they seem to stay very busy in spite of their business
practices.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Registered

I bought one of my Sea Doo's at East Dover (several years ago) & have only good things to say about them. I stopped there yesterday to drop off my cousin's ski for a new steering cable & noticed that everyone was super busy with customers... from the gas dock being several boats deep to the forklift launching ski's and the travel lift dipping boats. It's an extremely busy weekend & I like you would have preferred help to remove a loose stone from the intake grate, but it's a holiday weekend and they likely get asked all day long for a 'little assistance.'
Old 05-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered

Had many ups and downs with East Dover over the years.

They serviced my boat a decade or so ago then wouldn't do my boat because they became a SeaDoo only marina. I used their ramp all the time then they stopped the private use of their ramp. Purchased two new SeaDoos from them and 3 years latter when one broke down in the busy part of the season was told I had 3 week wait for repairs.

Val and everyone was nice but I had to give up on them a while ago.