Notices

Darn neighbor

Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darn neighbor

Went and bought a 35 Cigarette. I can her it rumble through the whole house everytime he starts it. Gawd do I miss that sound! Too bad no one makes an outboard that sounds like that . The CC is much more practical family boat but it just doesn't have that sound or style.

-g
Old 05-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

hahaha.. i have a modded 502. Last time i fired it up in the driveway a new neighbor came walkin down the street to see me. I fired ahhh shiit , here comes a complaint. Dude says " thats quite the boat". I figure hes being nice but the whining about the noise is still to come. I say " thanks.. sorry for the racket , i was just checking for hose leaks etc" He says" i was coming to see what made that gorgeous sound ,i love it, fire it up again!" sj
Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GregP
Went and bought a 35 Cigarette. I can her it rumble through the whole house everytime he starts it. Gawd do I miss that sound! Too bad no one makes an outboard that sounds like that . The CC is much more practical family boat but it just doesn't have that sound or style.

-g

good thing you like it, my neighbors don't like mine.... I start it at my house maybe 3 times a year for 10-15 minutes at a time...

this year, when I was getting it ready to go in the water they called the police... Police said, "Nothing we can do about it, the noise ordinance is from 7 am to 11 pm... sorry."

But, they didn't give up there.... They sent an email to the MAYORS OFFICE....of all places.. to try and force me to get rid of the boat. The mayors office sends the code enforcement officer over to my house who proceeds to measure the length and width of the boat.... Turns out my town has a maximim length allowance of 28ft. for a boat at the house....

I had a long talk with the code enforcement officer who was cool... ya know, only doing his job and what he was told to do.. To make a long story short, I agreed not to start the boat at the house if they leave me the fuk alone about the length ordinance.... We cut a deal and he left...
Old 05-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
good thing you like it, my neighbors don't like mine.... I start it at my house maybe 3 times a year for 10-15 minutes at a time...

this year, when I was getting it ready to go in the water they called the police... Police said, "Nothing we can do about it, the noise ordinance is from 7 am to 11 pm... sorry."

But, they didn't give up there.... They sent an email to the MAYORS OFFICE....of all places.. to try and force me to get rid of the boat. The mayors office sends the code enforcement officer over to my house who proceeds to measure the length and width of the boat.... Turns out my town has a maximim length allowance of 28ft. for a boat at the house....

I had a long talk with the code enforcement officer who was cool... ya know, only doing his job and what he was told to do.. To make a long story short, I agreed not to start the boat at the house if they leave me the fuk alone about the length ordinance.... We cut a deal and he left...

I thought Finland is the only country where envy goes before hornyness...
Old 05-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOO FUNNY. I brought my TopGun home parked it in the driveway hooked up the water at around 5pm. Fired it up for the first time this year . Rattled dishes in a few houses, smoke from the winter fogging . Gave me goose bumps .
Must have pissed off one of the neighbors. FKEM. A couple hours later the police come by . Officer walks up to me with a big smile on his face and says he got the call a while ago and thought he would wait until the smoke cleared . Then we talked boats for an hour. Turns out the cop is a boater himself . I built most of the houses in the neighborhood.
Built a few for cops too .
And know most of the top brass at the police dept. Generally I'm not a guy that seeks vengeance but this jackass will be fun .
Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea since I started building boats I can't afford a fast one. My neighbor has a 35 Fountain on a lift and only calls when he needs something. Oh man just one day...........
Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

I brought mine home last night too. Didn't realize they shut the water off at the ramp at 9pm. I was nice though, didn't flush the motors 'till this morning.
But I'm really glad I'm the only guy in the neighborhood, that's well...like me...