Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions >

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Notices

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Old 05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
The boat runs great, and the workmanship is outstanding. Here is a thread started by Wild after a ride Sunday in the snot at LOTO. He is a LipShip Cig guy.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159578
What did Wild think of the new exhaust?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
What did Wild think of the new exhaust?
Wild did not get in the water long enough to check them out. We were tied up in the cove just off from the dock. Chevy was tied up with us though, and he checked them out thoroughly - he really liked them. Water was OK - we were in for an hour or so. Should be perfect in another couple weeks.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rv
Vyper340,
If you will be purchasing one or the other you will be spending alot of $$'s on the purchase. Why not spend a couple hundred for a plane ticket and ride in each. The you can make the decision based on your input and not someone elses. Everyone has a different opinion on what is a good/great riding boat. It will be your boat so ride in it and decide. If the seller is serious about selling he will provide a test ride.

Rick
Well put....Two different rides for two different types of people. Look at the quality of both, and then the price for what you are getting. If buying used then it's what ever you can get from the individual seller's. If new, Nortech will be going to a vacuum bag infused resin process which will lighten the boat and create more speed. The Nortech will also be 2-3' longer, so keep that in mind, the boat is actually 44.6. Good Luck in what ever your decision is, you can't go wrong either way. Jeff
Old 05-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rv
Vyper340,
If you will be purchasing one or the other you will be spending alot of $$'s on the purchase. Why not spend a couple hundred for a plane ticket and ride in each. The you can make the decision based on your input and not someone elses. Everyone has a different opinion on what is a good/great riding boat. It will be your boat so ride in it and decide. If the seller is serious about selling he will provide a test ride.

Rick
Rick - I agree and have ridden the NT and will be riding both again before the sale. I'm simply looking for opinions on both from those who have some experience in them to help me get more information. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vyper340
For those that have seat time in a 42 OL and a 43V Nor-Tech I was looking for opinions on ride, speed, handling, etc. in all types of water (preferably ocean 2-4' waves). I understand the OL will be a faster boat with same power for a multitude of reasons but I wanted to get some opinions on ride and fit/finish quality from those who have experience. Any inputs here would be helpful as I narrow down my top two choices.

BTW, I know about cabin and amentities so only looking for ride/driving comparisons and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave have spent much time in both, I take care off a lot of performance boats one of them is a 43 tripple nt with 625s super ride in any conditions the bigger the better. oh and by the way this boat is for sale,owner wants a new one please contact me if your intrested. lee
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by leespd
Dave have spent much time in both, I take care off a lot of performance boats one of them is a 43 tripple nt with 625s super ride in any conditions the bigger the better. oh and by the way this boat is for sale,owner wants a new one please contact me if your intrested. lee
Lee - I believe the one you're speaking off is one of the ones I'm looking at. Is it purple, orange and silver?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:51 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vyperstein,
Buy the boat.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
Vyperstein,
Buy the boat.
OMG I'm rolling on that one!

Somebody else now has that moniker!!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Don't get me started BillR...
Old 06-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vyper340
Lee - I believe the one you're speaking off is one of the ones I'm looking at. Is it purple, orange and silver?
yes it may be if u need info on it email me [email protected] put nor tech in subject line
lee

Quick Reply: Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.