Nextell or altell phone service? >

Nextell or altell phone service?

Notices

Nextell or altell phone service?

Old 01-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would probably be over 500 minutes per month with the calls I make, not counting the incoming. I get great reception from Chicago to New Buffalo on Lake Michigan. But, only when I'm drifting. Thankfully I can't here the phone ring over the sweet roar of my blown big block Ford.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:52 AM
jokerswild

NEX-TO-HELL? Don't believe 'em!

NEXEL ALL THE WAY!!! Nextel's service in fl. is the best, hands down. As far as interconnect goes(Phone side-not direct connect), Nextels drop call rate is 1.75% - industry standard is 2% - btw all the other service providers can't touch that! Many new positive changes are coming in 02, like new handsets by Qualcom, not just motorola anymore, and pda's with the directconnect(PTT) feature.

Old 01-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We use AT&T Wireless.
We get 1000 min a month, free nights and weekends, free long distance in my home area (the entire state of Florida), free calls between wilreless phones. Voice mail, text messaging, call waiting and forwarding. All for 75.00 a month for two phones.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had to have a cell phone since they came out, and I use to have to carry a pager and a phone. Now with the Nextel I can just rely on the phone!! It is great as long as you have coverage if not you ain't got anything!! Not even a clock!! We kept the wife's Southwestern Bell (Cingular) phone and use it when I'm out of town or out of Nextel's area!!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Lady Liquid

I'm looking at getting Nextel. What about coverage in Michigan and Ohio. I live in St. Louis but travel to a lot of races in those states.

Old 01-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally posted by jokerswild:
<STRONG>NEX-TO-HELL? Don't believe 'em!

NEXEL ALL THE WAY!!! Nextel's service in fl. is the best, hands down. As far as interconnect goes(Phone side-not direct connect), Nextels drop call rate is 1.75% - industry standard is 2% - btw all the other service providers can't touch that! Many new positive changes are coming in 02, like new handsets by Qualcom, not just motorola anymore, and pda's with the directconnect(PTT) feature.
</STRONG>
Maybe in FL!! when they gonna get their chit together up here in IL??? Half the time when i call a friend with a Nextel it never goes through and when it does i'll be lucky if the damn phone call lasts 2min before they drop it!!! (and this happens no matter what phone i'm useing) The two-ways i like but their cell service sucks around here!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have a S**T load of Nextel's, maybe (20) or so. We use them here in SoCal and they work from the Mexican Border to Ventura, out to Las Vegas, down to Havasu and straight down to Mexico again.

I have been on the system since it started, 6-8 years ago. Ya' know ???......Being a Nextel customer is sort of like being married, most of the time it's pretty good, some of the time it's GREAT !!!!.......and now and then, you'd just love to punch someone straight in the kisser !!!!!......or throw them out the window.

Why would I "Try Again Later", when I want to talk right NOW !!!

And how can my radio be "without" signal and "RED", when the guy next to me has "FULL BARS" and is talking !!!!

AND......Why do you have great signal until you press the "SEND BUTTON".

Listen........I have built many "Nextel" & "Sprint" and so on cell sites in my time and ya'know there everywhere........

I just don't know what the problem is.....Too many users at times, not enough "bandwidth", too software driven.....I just don't know !!!!

"I feel much better now !!!!"

NEXTEL.....Can't live with-it......Could never live without-it.......
Old 01-11-2002, 03:41 PM
jokerswild

Half the time when i call a friend with a Nextel it never goes through and when it does i'll be lucky if the damn phone call lasts 2min before they drop it!!!

Hey Wally-If u don't want to deal with the "lack of good service" maybe u and your friends should move to fl where there's always great service and not to mention year round boating and great weather...

Old 01-11-2002, 03:42 PM
jokerswild

sorry, i screwed up the quote thang

Old 01-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Lady Liquid,
Nextel has outstanding coverage in both Michigan and Ohio. I travel both states and have been happy with the service.

Quick Reply: Nextell or altell phone service?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.