Nextell or altell phone service? >

Nextell or altell phone service?

Notices

Nextell or altell phone service?

Old 01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
mmo jo

Post Nextell or altell phone service?

My phone bill is always over $400.
I have heard nextell is the way to go.What do yal think.Its cheeper.

Old 01-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is good and bad about Nextel.
We've been with them for 3 years. We have a small bussines and have 6 phones. We can 2way eachother for free as part of our package, when ever we are in our home footprint. our home foorprint runs from Millwakee to Indy. We also can call anywhere in the foorprint as a local call and no roaming charges.
If you travel to another footprint your 2way won't work, but all your local calls there are free. I pay a fair long distance charge to calls back home then.

They use their own towers, so if there is no signal you are simply out of luck( no roaming).
I pay $79.00 per month for 1000 minutes air time, free 2way, internet, voice mail and something else I can't think of and probably don't use.

Free national long distance is availible.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:24 PM
packinair

I have both a nextell and an altell. the altell had a deal a year ago where it was $49 UNLIMITED anytime minutes. local only. the nextell kicks ass if you have others with them. I think they have a deal for 1000 minutes for around $100

Old 01-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmo jo,

I have a little insight, I actually sell nextel when i'm not at the firehouse.....ok sometimes there too.

With Nextel you can get a plan that all your incoming calls are free no matter the length of call. After the first minute Nextels call round to the second (saves you about 30%).
Fla. is virtually all covered by nextel, I believe you can 2-way anywhere in the state so if others are on nextel you have free communications from Tallahasse to Key West.

The internet is nice you use no minutes of talk time and you can send and receive pages, emails and documents...get weather, check flights etc....

Go with Nextel...you won't regret it.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Oh I forgot, free long distance. Payton you need to change your plan.....also by the end of 2002 you will be able to 2-way across the country..

MY plan for example:
$69.99 a month
free incoming calls unlimited
400 min outgoing (now there is a 100min bonus)
unlimited 2-way
free long distance
free VM
free call id
free internet

400 outgoing on nextel w/ free incoming is a ton of time especially with the second rounding.
www.nextel.com

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: tanned fat looks better ]
Old 01-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

CINGULAR 1500 ANYTIME MINUTES FOR 75.00 PLUS UNLIMATED CALLS TO OTHER CINGULAR USERSFOR AN ADDITIONAL 9.00 MY BILL IS AROUND 90.00 TOTAL
Old 01-10-2002, 07:33 PM
Kentz

Payton, we also have 12 or so nextels. The digital two-way is great, but if your not in a major highway corrider (towers) they are crap. Mine never works floatin on Cumberland

Old 01-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts
Nextell... We call 'em NO-Tell, cause there is no telling if it is going to work or not. Internet, 2-way, Email, Paging, and all that in one little device is very cool, but just too many functions and the unit gets stressed out. I went to AT&T, and I am doing mediocre. 2000 minutes anytime, anywhere, to anywhere... $200 bucks. I have been on all services, and found AT&T to be the best of the worst, which is all of them.

Brian
Old 01-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

NEXTEL...
We have two phones, each on different plans, one bill. Toatal $95, with caller ID, free weekends, long distance and voice mail...
The direct connect is awesome...
Never hidden charges on the bill is the best thing, other plans want a nickel or dime here per call etc.
There are a few dead areas as stated but if you a near or in pretty good size city you'll be fine...
Bryan
Old 01-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

I have nextel for two way services, but as far as phone they blow. But I used Verizon for my my phone service. So yes, I used two phones. Love the 2 way, hate the phone serice of nextel.

Quick Reply: Nextell or altell phone service?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.