Notices

Another sterio quesion ??

Old 01-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Another sterio quesion ??

Audiofn , or someone ,WHat is better in a Rockford amp, the punch or the power series? And what is the difference ?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

ALso what is with the Kicker Solo Baric speaker ? It's square ! How does that work ?

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: boot ]
Old 01-10-2002, 07:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rower series is much higher end than punch, I'm pretty sure the power series is rated rms and the punch series is rated peek
Old 01-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

THank you ,LIQUID ASSET , I have been trying to find that info and can't . Thanks !
Old 01-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

A friend of mine wants to put a rockford amp in his car .He is torn between the:

power400.4
50W x 4 /and running it at 2 ohms to get 100W x 4 watts or ,

the Punch 600.4
75W x 4 and just run it at 4ohms at 75w x 4.

WHich one do you think he would be happier with ? THanks for the help .
Old 01-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Registered

Cool

I'll put my 2 cents in as a "someone":

Depends on the components...I'd say da Punch- better power supply.

Is it me...or is every dealer pushing Rockford or Sony? The old..."special price for you- today only" routine from the dealers. Might want to consider JL Audio over Rockford...

Solo Baric subs are square for mounting purposes. That way you can fit a 12" equivalant sub in a box only 10" tall. It's kinda turned into a marketing gimic...someone was trying to outdo Kicker with an "octagon" sub...go figure?

PS- Where's Audiofn? What lines does he carry?
Old 01-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

Havasu Hangin ,MY friend said he looked at the JL audio amp and it was about $100 more ! Do you think it is worth it ? I don't have anyexperience with them . THanks
Old 01-10-2002, 11:29 PM
FWK

I don't know about either of those amps Audio sells the rockfords though I am sure he will chime in. Forrest

Old 01-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys sorry been out working and pimpin in the new truck!! Man that thing needs tunes BAD!! Anyhow the difference btwn the punch and the power is simple. The Power has a little more, it usses a better power supply. I stress little more power. The punch has low and high level inputs and the power only has low level inputs but also a low level output. The Punch will take 8ga wire into it while the Power will take 4ga wire for power. The power is the way to go if you want a little more and do not mind the added price, but the punch is ussually more then enough for most. I like the rockfords because they are built like brick **** houses. They seem to take a real beating and keep on running. They also have huge heat sinks so they seem not to shut down as easily as a lot of the competition. They are actually a much smaller margine amp for me then a JL audio. My opinion is you do not buy a Rockford sub, as they have always been a amp manufacturer and you do not buy a JL amp as they have always been a speaker one. JL actually does make a good amp, it is very clean sounding but not as strong in my opinion as the rockford. There are so many amp manufacturers out there and most of them just plain suck, but there are certainly some good ones as well. Rockford, Orion, PPI, Zapco (if you have a totally unlimited budget is the best), Matts, and some others are all good, you just need to set the budget and the needs and build a system with all the components designed to work together. When you design a system instead of just going out and buying parts you come out with a better end result for less money

Jon
Old 01-11-2002, 01:08 AM
Registered

I have leaned alot over the past few weeks from both Forrest & Jon.

I also looked into the JL Audio amp. Most of the people I spoke to said the JL Audio amp seems to be built well, but has not been out on the market long enough to tell.

I took Jon's advice and just purchased the Rockford (H16005) 600.5 "Power" amp. It was only $50 more than the "Punch". I found it for $ 469.00 at www.speedsound.com and will have it in a couple days.

I also stopped into a few stereo shops locally and talked to the "AudioFreaks", similar to Forrest & Jon and they also said the Rockford is a good choice for the boat. Alot of them liked the Kicker amps too, but thought the Rockford "Power" was the way to go.

Thanks again Forrest & Jon for the audio education, I really apprciate it and look forward to my new tunes !!!!!!

Quick Reply: Another sterio quesion ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.