Pulled Over Twice In The First 30 Minutes Today >

Pulled Over Twice In The First 30 Minutes Today

Notices

Pulled Over Twice In The First 30 Minutes Today

Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled Over Twice In The First 30 Minutes Today

Launched at Melbourne Fl, and a Florida Wildlife officer pulls me over right out of the cove, and tells me that I was close to a Manatee Zone. He lets me go, then I went to the next bridge and another Wildlife officer pulls me over and tells me that I am in a manatee zone. He then proceeds to do a safety check on all of my equipment, and we discuss why so few boats on the holiday, I told him it's because of HIM and his fellow officers! After he wrote me a warning, I said "o by-the-way, I ran over 3 manatees around that last bend, and I think that they are dead!

Later I saw both cop boats with a full load of people headed in. I guess they were all drunk. No fun today.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a big party here yesterday at one of my neighbors houses. Probably 3-400 people. 2 game wardens sat in the river all afternoon waiting for people to leave just looking for somebody to phuck with
Old 05-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I would have to say The New Jersey State Police were out in full force on the water also. They don't give any breaks. We did
Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Yep,
Tom, we sat on the sand bar on bird island and watched the FWCC pull over just about every boat leaving the island! The last guy he pulled over, he busted for BUI. The guy had his wife and 2 kids with him, and she had to idle the boat all the way back up the Banana River!
They were out in force, just like the newspaper said they were going to be! We had a great time in the Seadoo, plus the wife drives the Seadoo, and all I do is drink and be the DJ!
Dean
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom,
The wife and I were out on Sunday. Same think with the water cops over at Ski Island. They were not cutting anyone any slack. I think I saw Bruce at the island, but with the wind there was no room to stop. Hope to see you soon.

Dail
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I've got not tolerance for BUI/BWI. However, I think its ridiculous to just pull over everyone. The cops are trained to look for signals that could lead to boaters that are not up to par; and they should be using them, rather than harassing everyone. That's piss poor.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

The wildlife and fisheries are a bunch of douchebags that are so jealous of our boats they look for any little reason to ticket us. Just cuz we know how to have fun and they can't they just phuk with us to no end........Get a life!!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Hi Dean and Dail,

I asked the officer is it true that most of the manatees were killed by the large barges in the river, and he responded yes, but the general powerboating community gets the blame.

I was up at Ski Island around noon yesterday looking for you guys, but did not see anyone, and turned around. Dean, sounds like you have the ideal setup with the wife driving while you have a great time. How is your wife. Is her neck doing better? Dail, how are you feeling after your surgery?

Tom
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
The wildlife and fisheries are a bunch of douchebags that are so jealous of our boats they look for any little reason to ticket us. Just cuz we know how to have fun and they can't they just phuk with us to no end........Get a life!!
The officers are just doing what they are told to do during their shift briefings. Yes, alot do "bully with a badge" but alot more are just like us and if you treat them with respect and honesty you will have no problems. Dave
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

What gets me is when they do pull you over for no reason at all they sure as hell don't treat you with any respect. They treat you like you are their worst enemy. Maybe it's different down in Fla. but here in La. it's the same thing every time.....

Quick Reply: Pulled Over Twice In The First 30 Minutes Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.