Ford vs GM truck misinformation >

Ford vs GM truck misinformation

Notices

Ford vs GM truck misinformation

Old 01-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Post Ford vs GM truck misinformation

You know how Ford goes on and on about how they sell more pick ups than any other manufacturer for the last 20 years or whatever. The fact of the matter is that yes Ford sells more when compared directly to Chevy and more than GMC, but if you combine the sales of Chevy and GMC, they SMOKE EM!!! A little tidbit from Oshawa Ontario where the GM plant employs 15000 people and the truck assembly plant runs 24/7
Old 01-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Why WOULD you combine Chevy and GMC ?

Why do they have to have 2 different names for the same truck anyway ? Are they trying to fool someone ?
That's like in my line of work ( I sell horse trailers),there is a trailer company called "Trailet " real peace of crap !Everyone started to know it so they moved down the road a little and opened a new plant called "Hawk trailers " It is the same thing !! Looks exactly like the trailet and is built by the same person and these idiots think it's a better tailer !

To each his own . Like I always say ,"Everyone is entitled to his opinion, even if it is WRONG" !!
Old 01-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
The reason they have the two is because GM dealers traditionally are arranged Chev Olds Cadillac and Pontiac Buick. The Pontiac Buick dealers needed some trucks to sell so GMC was created.Thus Pontiac Buick GMC. Chevy and GMC trucks run down the same assembly line. Hey Whats FORD spelled backwards....Driver Returns On Foot!!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I have known this for many years.

boot....one problem, he is RIGHT!

It's not hard to prove.

Buck
Old 01-10-2002, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On subject of GMC & Chevrolet I did not think there was a diffence until I got my new 2001 2500HD 4x4 crew cab durmax diesel. I picked up truck on 11/3/2000. First week I had truck I was using AC every day. After week I notice that everytime I got in truck I had to push button for the AC compress to come on. I took truck into GMC dealer for service in Jan. 2001 on total of 5 items, 1 being the way AC acted. When I went to pick up truck after 2 weeks of dealer having truck. Only 1 of 5 items fixed. Answer to rest was 1 needed to order parts to fix, & the other's were that is the way it works. I asked the service manager if any of the other 2001 trucks they had on their lot worked that way & answer was NO, but he did not have any other Diesel's. I did not like that answer & talked to GMC area manager. He gave me a BS answers. I called detroit & talked to I think he was head guy for "Brand Quality" Got BS answers. Three months of calls & only answers I got were BS.

In March sales man I had bought many chev's from called & asked if I was ready to get another new truck. I told him I was not going to buy any more GM's & was going to go to Ford. I explaned problems I was having. He told me to bring truck by & let their service manager look at truck. After I showed him what it did, we went to some of the Diesel's they had on their lots. They worked as any other GMC or Chev did. Service manger then called his area engineer & the engineer told him that is the way GMC Diesel's work.

The Chev. service manager thought that was a BS answer & starting research the problem. He found out the part numbers for AC parts between Chev & GMC were same. After he changed out the AC control in the dash AC worked correctly. Three months of BS from GMC & problem was the dash control. After this problem I also have found out when on GMC trucks if you turn the control for recirculate on the compress on the ac will come on, Chev will not.
Since I have gotten this truck I have talked to a lot of GMC & Chev. managment(local & region) people & I feel the only ones that really care about the customer is on the Chev Side. And I though they were both the same!!!