Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ideas needed for transporting chopper (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159835-ideas-needed-transporting-chopper.html)

LubeJobs42 06-02-2007 04:48 PM

Ideas needed for transporting chopper

2 Attachment(s)
The 39' MTI is on a Tag along trailer so I had a custom lift put on the bed of the truck to lift and transport the chopper. The new MTI is a 5th wheel trailer. There is no way to put the bike on the bed but there is a perfect spot for it on the front of the trailer above the truck bed. the only problem is getting the bike on and off. I know there are hoists similar to cherry pickers but they take away from the look of the trailer. i heard there are hoist that retract to reduce the height of them. Any ideas what will be my best option to lift the bike and not take away from the overall look?

puder 06-02-2007 05:13 PM

if it were me I'd get myself an american flag jumpsuit, biuld a ramp that shoots fire and explosions on the back of teh trailer and i'd just jump the fu*ker right over the boat onto the trailer......... :P

puder 06-02-2007 05:14 PM

BTW that is a sweet m2!!!!!!!

tomcei 06-02-2007 05:16 PM

couldn't you build the same set up for the 5th wheel trailer? or use the old lift set up.

LubeJobs42 06-02-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by puder (Post 2148541)
BTW that is a sweet m2!!!!!!!

Thank you, I had the box on the back made for it. On the left side (the bottom of the box) is a 110 fuel tank with a pump and 140 foot hose to fuel the boat dockside. The right side is a 110 water tank with a pump for flushing the motors and a pressure washer that slides out of the side waith 100 feet of hose.

LubeJobs42 06-02-2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by tomcei (Post 2148543)
couldn't you build the same set up for the 5th wheel trailer? or use the old lift set up.

It's too high.

lowblue320 06-02-2007 05:21 PM

I would try to build something that you can carry on the front or maybe the side of the trailer, somnthing like what they use on raceboats for scooter but heavyduty........

t500hps 06-02-2007 05:48 PM

Have the trailer made into a tag along like the previous trailer....:cool:

Sydwayz 06-02-2007 07:46 PM

They make lifts that lower an entire truck bed down to ground level from about 6 feet high on lifted trucks. It has a large cantilever frame construction, and the whole bed comes down and lays on the ground for loading a bike.

I'd look into a setup like this that would lower a small platform all the way down to ground level for bike loading. The setup for the big trucks collapses down to fit in between the frame rails of the truck. You may have a 6" up height adjustment to the actual platform that the bike sits on top of, from the current platform on the trailer, but the right customizer could make it totally hidden and very trick.

Do some research in the last 2 years or so of Truckin' magazine & the like for the pics of the trucks that do this.

BUIZILLA 06-02-2007 08:26 PM

there's a company a friend owns in Miami that makes hoists for dinghy's on the bow of big boats, I'm sure he could do something for you on the nose of the trailer.

JH