Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Would like do some onboard Vids in Jax (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159838-would-like-do-some-onboard-vids-jax.html)

UNSANE 06-02-2007 05:17 PM

Would like do some onboard Vids in Jax

I just bought the new JVC Hi-Def camera and I'm looking to shoot some onboards up in Jax. Time will not allow me to haul my boat up there as I have to be back very early Sun morning or Sat night. I am going to order a "sticky pod" so I can mount it on a dash and aim it back. I also have clearance from work to take out the special binaural head for recording and I'd like to see if I can't get a 5.1 mic as well. I'd like to come up and do that if there's enough interest.

So I'm looking for some guinea pigs :) I would like to get some footage from a few of the larger boats with big power, especially if the engines sound very loud in the cockpit. As a tradeoff, I'll get those who I rode with the footage with the good audio if I can take the head mic with me. (as already stated, I have a preliminary 'yes' on that right now) I don't have a blu-ray burner right now, but I can render the footage for a regular DVD player (480p) and/or I can put the hi-def stuff on a disc to view on a PC that is capable. (this will take some time depending on how many boats I get.)

If anyone's interested and there's enough of that interest, I'll come up Thurs. night or Friday AM.

Thx...

OSO 06-03-2007 07:48 AM

You are welcome to do anthying you want in the OSO boat, its not loud and its not fast.

LubeJobs42 06-05-2007 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2148545)
I just bought the new JVC Hi-Def camera and I'm looking to shoot some onboards up in Jax. Time will not allow me to haul my boat up there as I have to be back very early Sun morning or Sat night. I am going to order a "sticky pod" so I can mount it on a dash and aim it back. I also have clearance from work to take out the special binaural head for recording and I'd like to see if I can't get a 5.1 mic as well. I'd like to come up and do that if there's enough interest.

So I'm looking for some guinea pigs :) I would like to get some footage from a few of the larger boats with big power, especially if the engines sound very loud in the cockpit. As a tradeoff, I'll get those who I rode with the footage with the good audio if I can take the head mic with me. (as already stated, I have a preliminary 'yes' on that right now) I don't have a blu-ray burner right now, but I can render the footage for a regular DVD player (480p) and/or I can put the hi-def stuff on a disc to view on a PC that is capable. (this will take some time depending on how many boats I get.)

If anyone's interested and there's enough of that interest, I'll come up Thurs. night or Friday AM.

Thx...

I'm having a system installed today and tomorrow. Your welcome to put a camera on my boat. Let me know if you want to.

racesdad 06-05-2007 10:56 PM

gino, let me know the system you are using. im interested in a permanent with rear view.
mike stancombe