Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Was it a Lunati crank?
No, he used a Kryptonite crank.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Does Teague own a Dyno yet? How does he come up with the numbers to rate his engines? I have heard many stories about the lack of service after the sale with warranty issues but people keep buying them.
Unless he just bought one, he doesn't have one. He used to send motors out when he needed numbers. He doesn't do all of his own machine work either. He's not like Paul Pfaff who has a full machine shop.

People buy the motors because he's got a big name in the industry. He's been around for a long time and works for Power Boat Magazine. That makes some people feel better. I don't go there anymore because I don't like the way I've been treated in the past. And in my opinion, his best mechanics left a while ago. One of them started So Cal Speed and Marine in Moorpark Ca. So when my boat is on this coast, it goes there and when in Florida it goes to Lipship.

Besides, the guy at So Cal is very honest, I haven't caught him in a lie and he hasn't over billed me either. I can't say that with other shop owners. One year I spent well over 100k at Teague. I was treated like family. After I spent the money there, I felt like I was being treated like I just got caught dumpster diving on the property.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Unless he just bought one, he doesn't have one. He used to send motors out when he needed numbers. He doesn't do all of his own machine work either. He's not like Paul Pfaff who has a full machine shop.

People buy the motors because he's got a big name in the industry. He's been around for a long time and works for Power Boat Magazine. That makes some people feel better. I don't go there anymore because I don't like the way I've been treated in the past. And in my opinion, his best mechanics left a while ago. One of them started So Cal Speed and Marine in Moorpark Ca. So when my boat is on this coast, it goes there and when in Florida it goes to Lipship.

Besides, the guy at So Cal is very honest, I haven't caught him in a lie and he hasn't over billed me either. I can't say that with other shop owners. One year I spent well over 100k at Teague. I was treated like family. After I spent the money there, I felt like I was being treated like I just got caught dumpster diving on the property.

Raylar posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylar
Yes, I believe they dyno most all their supercharged motors in house.

Ray @ Raylar
Ive always been told they didnt have one also ,

So in other words they dont dyno all the motors they build, some are just assembled and they just hope that theres not a problem They wish ya goodluck

Kinda like a shop I know thats out of biz now,it was giving out bogus dyno sheets and motors that never ran,etc.Hey this is what your motor is suppose to make

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim McCray,the valve cover bolts broke?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

One of his former employees told me that they just know what horse power it should make but that they don't dyno all of the motors. But they never offered any dyno sheets for mine. So as far as I know, I think they made 1000hp each. That's what I was told, but if you don't dyno, how do you know? Paul Pfaff does dyno and they do give you the sheets and actually go over everything with you. You would think that boat manufacturers would want to know when they use his motors in customer boats what they're actually getting.

Last edited by tim mccray; 06-12-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob280Silencer
Tim McCray,the valve cover bolts broke?

Yea, I kept getting oil leaks from one engine and everytime I took it back I was told that some valve cover bolts broke making the cover loose and causing the leak.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Raylar posted

Ive always been told they didnt have one also ,

So in other words they dont dyno all the motors they build, some are just assembled and they just hope that theres not a problem They wish ya goodluck

Kinda like a shop I know thats out of biz now,it was giving out bogus dyno sheets and motors that never ran,etc.Hey this is what your motor is suppose to make
I've seen them run motors before they go out. I don't think they just send them out with out any testing. I've seen them run them out side on a pallet, hook up a gas can, a battery, a garden hose and stick some mufflers on it, or stick it in the boat and run it. Maybe take it down to the lake and do a few laps.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be happy........ Mercury.........
Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why having an inside dyno matters, come on Strip we both know one of the best builders on LI doesn't have an inhouse dyno but he does have access to one.

I've been running Teague 600s for the past 6 years. Always just start them and pin the throttles. Never had a problem. When it was time to do the valve springs just called the shop, they pulled my build sheets and gave me all the parts (new springs was a different height) and I was good to go. So far I haven't had any issues with customer service and I haven't spent over 100 grand either.

When I built my first motors I bought the parts from Teague, spent countless hours on the phone with Norm asking questions when I doing the assembly.

My dealing with them has been nothing but positive, Bob has always taken my calls or called right back if he wasn't available.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
I've seen them run motors before they go out. I don't think they just send them out with out any testing. I've seen them run them out side on a pallet, hook up a gas can, a battery, a garden hose and stick some mufflers on it, or stick it in the boat and run it. Maybe take it down to the lake and do a few laps.
If it's a proven combo I don't think it's 100% necessary to dyno every engine but at least run them on the ground before hand.

Dyno's are bucu bucks!

Quick Reply: teague engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.