Notices

teague engines

Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Just wondering- why not just use merc's 700's?...
ARM.....LEG....$$$
Old 06-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Not sure why having an inside dyno matters, come on Strip we both know one of the best builders on LI doesn't have an inhouse dyno but he does have access to one.

I've been running Teague 600s for the past 6 years. Always just start them and pin the throttles. Never had a problem. When it was time to do the valve springs just called the shop, they pulled my build sheets and gave me all the parts (new springs was a different height) and I was good to go. So far I haven't had any issues with customer service and I haven't spent over 100 grand either.

When I built my first motors I bought the parts from Teague, spent countless hours on the phone with Norm asking questions when I doing the assembly.

My dealing with them has been nothing but positive, Bob has always taken my calls or called right back if he wasn't available.
Sounds like youve had good luck with them.

I would say the LI guy dynoes 99% .

I just dont like not dynoing or atleast running a motor before putting them in a boat,car etc,if ya had a prob you have to pull em.What if there is a carb,injector,mapping prob and it melts a pistion on the first test run in the boat.

I have never seen a engine break in runing on the ground.Ive allways had to put a load on them.

If I bought a engine that was 750HP or higher I would want it dynoed,etc.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Strip,

I see your point and agree for the most part. For small engines like Mr_Velocity I may not bother with a dyno. Now on 700+ hp motors there's no doubt... For an extra $500 bucks or so that it costs, I'd rather have it blow up on the dyno than in the boat. Plus, once it's in my hand it's ready to run, no garbage left to do.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Strip,

I see your point and agree for the most part. For small engines like Mr_Velocity I may not bother with a dyno. Now on 700+ hp motors there's no doubt... For an extra $500 bucks or so that it costs, I'd rather have it blow up on the dyno than in the boat. Plus, once it's in my hand it's ready to run, no garbage left to do.
I agree.

Like this past winter on mine I just did a freshen and didnt change anything on the combo. We were able to dyno both motors in the same day at Precision Marine in New Orleans La,I had the peace of mine that I didnt forget something and I dont have to touch them for the rest of the year.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, first post for me. I ran a 720 in my last boat. Only problem I had was a blown powervalve in the carb, they warranteed it no questions. Had 200 hours on it when I submerged it. They tore it down, Bob told me it was a shame I filled it with water, as the enternals all looked "cherry". I had it rebuilt, and had every intention of running it till I found someone who needed a 720 in a hurry, and mine was the only one available so I sold it as I had no boat to put it in. I'm now running an 800EFI with no issues. Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Sounds like youve had good luck with them.

I would say the LI guy dynoes 99% .

I just dont like not dynoing or atleast running a motor before putting them in a boat,car etc,if ya had a prob you have to pull em.What if there is a carb,injector,mapping prob and it melts a pistion on the first test run in the boat.

I have never seen a engine break in runing on the ground.Ive allways had to put a load on them.

If I bought a engine that was 750HP or higher I would want it dynoed,etc.
If you want your motor run on a dyno Teague will run them on a dyno. May not be his but he has access and is willing to do it.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Strip,

Of everyone I know you're the only person that can't put the motors in once and be done. You always get bit by something and sometimes I get to witness it.....garbage....Sak doesn't have enough dumpsters for ya

Build
dyno - everything looks great.
Lose a head gasket because they were wrong.
Lost a time chain because it was wrong.
Think there was another dyno run in there somewhere.
Burnt valves or was it just seats because of the wrong cam.
another dyno run

dyno don't mean chit if you can't put a good package together in the first place.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 06-13-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

My Teagues run great. Whenever I call with maintainence questions they put me through to Bob and he answers my questions. If he's not there, he will call back. I would buy them again. I like to buy my parts there as well because you always talk to someone competent and they stock a lot of different parts.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
I like to buy my parts there as well because you always talk to someone competent and they stock a lot of different parts.

Ditto . . .
Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For the record, my other engine ran great. Only the one broke twice.

Quick Reply: teague engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.