Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS. >

I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Notices

I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Check out these old posts:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=108448

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24176

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-06-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only been wearing mine when i'm running in a crowd like during a Poker Run. But i'm going to change my way of thinking and get used to putting it on before the sticks go forward. I'll get some pics. in the morning before we pull out for Harborfest of a simple rig i have on mine that makes it easy and not a PITA to wear. I rigged it up with some jet ski $hit i bought from Overtons and it even matches the dash
Sydwayz i'm glad you represented several of the major manufactures in your pics. so we can keep this a operator issue instead of the step bottom BS. Good talking to you last week and glad your making a speedy recovery. Now do you want to comment on wearing a seat belt

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 06-06-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Now do you want to comment on wearing a seat belt
That damn seatbelt tore my spleen open 3 weeks ago!

Oh yeah, it saved my life first. We're cool now.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going to get in on this topic, but I have a snug fitting elastic wrist band that is connected to my cord and is always right there hanging on my ignition. Takes but a split second to slip it on over my wrist and doesn't effect my movement. The force to disconnect the cord from the connector is a lot less than the force to pull the band off my wrist, so I think it is adequate. Just a option for those that don't wear your PFD, such as myself.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`m not trying to be funny here, but I`ve made a commitment to myself to be a better / safer boater this season. I`ve worn my lanyard EVERY time the boat has moved and there has not been an ounce of beer in the boat.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I never used to wear my lanyard because it was to the lower left of the steering wheel and seemed awkward. Over the winter, I completely re-did the dash and installed a new shifter with a built-in cut-out switch on my right. Now, I attach the lanyard with a wrist strap and don't even notice it. When I'm done, I hang the wrist strap back over the shifter. That way, I'm reminded to put it on every time.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
The POINT was that people have this thing called "freedom of choice" and as a result they will do things that are not good for them...
...BTW, how on earth does someone wearing or not wearing a lanyard affect you or your property??
You're freaking kidding me, right?
If you decide to exercise your "freedom of choice" by not wearing your lanyard and are for whatever reason thrown from your helm or rendered unable to control your boat, and your boat runs into mine causing damage to my boat, or worse yet, injures one of my friends, family, or even myself, Make NO mistake I WILL come after you with every part of my being in every way possible.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian, excellent post and thoughts. I could not agree with you more. I ALWAYS wear my lanyard when my boat is in motion no matter what. From idle to WOT everyone should wear the lanyard attached to a WORKING kill switch.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian.....who snapped your undies today?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I've only been wearing mine when i'm running in a crowd like during a Poker Run. But i'm going to change my way of thinking and get used to putting it on before the sticks go forward. I'll get some pics. in the morning before we pull out for Harborfest of a simple rig i have on mine that makes it easy and not a PITA to wear. I rigged it up with some jet ski $hit i bought from Overtons and it even matches the dash
Sydwayz i'm glad you represented several of the major manufactures in your pics. so we can keep this a operator issue instead of the step bottom BS. Good talking to you last week and glad your making a speedy recovery. Now do you want to comment on wearing a seat belt
I started wearing mine back when I had the Donzi 16 Classic....many boats ago. Man, what a scary ride! You never knew how that boat was going to react at speed. That's why some of my friends refused to ride in it.

Mark, I look forward to your pics. The lanyard on the AT is a bit short to tie to my bathing suit draw string like I'm used to doing.

But it gets tied!

Last edited by Macklin; 06-07-2007 at 06:28 AM.

Quick Reply: I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.