Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
35baja sst or35 fountain both wit th496 hos >

35baja sst or35 fountain both wit th496 hos

Notices

35baja sst or35 fountain both wit th496 hos

Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shouldn't you compare a 42 Fountain to the Baja?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want speed, Fountain. Baja has more room in cockpit and is a little more stable in sloppy water. It all depends where you boat and what you are after. 35 Baja is about 36 1/2 w/ swim platform. 496's that have been cared for are fine at those hours.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

i dont have the budget for 42 and i will mostly be ridin my boat on the ocean kind of confused now well most said fountain but they maybe thinkink inner waters as riding area how is fountain on rough waters
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I have owned both and the fit-n-finish on the foutain is just plain better. You will find little things that shouldnt be on the baja. Yes, the baja might very well deliver a smoother ride on the ocean b/c of its hull....but we arent comparing apples to apples then. I would buy the fountain. Both are large boats and will do fine in the stuff you will encounter. Anything more? Buy a cig.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Registered

Baja all day get with the one and only boating family
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered

so any body knows asurveyor at texas
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Registered

Oh yeah did i say BAJA
Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,013 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Shouldn't you compare a 42 Fountain to the Baja?
That's funny right there!

What he's saying is the running surface, freeboard and "size" of the 35 Fountain is smaller than the 35 Outlaw.

They are both production boats. Fountains fit and finish is most likely better but Baja's is nothing to scough at. Fountains are faster and more effecient due to the steps.

Both boats seem to be like Chevy's and Fords. Owners of Chevy and Fords (like Bajas and Fountains) are die hard fans of their particular brand.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Be patient and I'm sure some one will post with a Texas surveyer.

I've owned 3 Baja's and loved them all. I was seriously looking at a 35 Fountain a couple years ago and really liked the boat. I think they are both great boats. I'm not sure which one will catch more crap for owning, though. People like to bash on both of them.

Don't buy sight unseen or sea trialed. Take both boats out and see how you like them. Don't rely on what other people tell you, many of whom have never riden in or driven either boat. There are several posts here saying one boat or the other with no reasoning behind their responce. Do some searches on step hull boats vs straight V's. The Fountain will be faster with equal power. The Baja will be more stable. Fit and finish, Fountain may have the edge here but nothing drastic. Just have to replace the $49.00 Pep Boys steering wheel that Regie likes to use! Like I said, test drive both boats yourself first. Take your time and do your research. You will spend a lot of money and you want to be happy with what you got. Once you pull the trigger, then you can start bashing the one you didn't buy!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
That's funny right there!

What he's saying is the running surface, freeboard and "size" of the 35 Fountain is smaller than the 35 Outlaw.

They are both production boats. Fountains fit and finish is most likely better but Baja's is nothing to scough at. Fountains are faster and more effecient due to the steps.

Both boats seem to be like Chevy's and Fords. Owners of Chevy and Fords (like Bajas and Fountains) are die hard fans of their particular brand.
Hey Tank! You beat me to the punch! Good to see we still think a like!

Quick Reply: 35baja sst or35 fountain both wit th496 hos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.