Like Tree0Likes

JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"

Reply
Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 AM
  #51
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No photos of SkaterJim in his blue 28' Skater?

He was one of top 6 to the bridge.
Aw crap. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I missed him, Rik-- it took me a minute but I know how it happened. If you look at the last couple of pix in the composite shot in post 20 you can clearly see him on the far right in front of the two OL's. And, in the lunch shot in post 2 you can see his boat tied to the dock.

The OL's broke off and came under the center of the bridge and he continued on off to my right. In this shot you can see his wake continuing on straight and the OL's are just starting to turn. I was so focused on that lead pack bearing down on me that I totally missed him... they were moving pretty good and I didn't have a whole lot of time. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_3844.jpg  
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 AM
  #52
Charter Member #601
Charter Member
 
Mr Gadgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Holland, Mi USA.
My Boats: 1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.
Posts: 3,273
Default

Jayboat,
I think I may have saw you up on the bridge. Not sure though. I was riding with Doc Holiday and friends.. These pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.. this was on great event!
Mr Gadgets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 AM
  #53
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

A different look at three boats that have already been posted.
Attached Thumbnails
JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_3874.jpg   JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_3853.jpg   JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_3960.jpg  

jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:42 AM
  #54
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets View Post
Jayboat,
I think I may have saw you up on the bridge. Not sure though. I was riding with Doc Holiday and friends.. These pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.. this was on great event!
I noticed a few people looking my way and some waved, but I imagine most were focused on gettin under the bridge. Here's your close-up...

And yeah- I think it would be safe to say that everyone was having a good time!
Attached Thumbnails
JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_4360.jpg   JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_3948.jpg   JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper"-jax_4110.jpg  


Last edited by jayboat; 06-11-2007 at 02:55 AM.
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:30 AM
  #55
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mesa, AZ
My Boats: 2005 Formula 370SS
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
Aw crap. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I missed him, Rik-- it took me a minute but I know how it happened. If you look at the last couple of pix in the composite shot in post 20 you can clearly see him on the far right in front of the two OL's. And, in the lunch shot in post 2 you can see his boat tied to the dock.

The OL's broke off and came under the center of the bridge and he continued on off to my right. In this shot you can see his wake continuing on straight and the OL's are just starting to turn. I was so focused on that lead pack bearing down on me that I totally missed him... they were moving pretty good and I didn't have a whole lot of time. Sorry.
Why are the boats turning so much?

Looking at the picture, they all are turning for some reason within the last 1/4 mile. 1 main area to pass under the bridge?
Magic34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 AM
  #56
OSO Moderator
Charter Member
 
BillR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Xmark View Post
a friend of mine at the run said Golddigger had engine problems
Correct! Golddigger was not present.
__________________
BillR

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
BillR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 AM
  #57
OSO Moderator
Charter Member
 
BillR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
Posts: 3,580
Default

I can't get pix to load. Says site is busy. . . .?!?
__________________
BillR

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
BillR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
  #58
Registered
 
NefariousOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic34 View Post
Why are the boats turning so much?

Looking at the picture, they all are turning for some reason within the last 1/4 mile. 1 main area to pass under the bridge?

You got it. You can pass under the bridge pretty much anywhere but it is much narrower between the pillars.... plus lots of boats fishing in those areas as well. The main span is the widest and has no boats anchored or fishing.
NefariousOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
  #59
Charter Member #601
Charter Member
 
Mr Gadgets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Holland, Mi USA.
My Boats: 1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.
Posts: 3,273
Default

Jayboat,
Thanks, that is a great shot of us! My wife is hidden from view behind Jay one of our crew!! I can still feel the heat!!

Mr Gadgets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 AM
  #60
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: TEXAS
My Boats: 32 SPECTRE
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No photos of SkaterJim in his blue 28' Skater?

He was one of top 6 to the bridge.
I posted some at BFREAKS. That boat is fast. He was right their next to us for awile.
chad1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
XtremePowerboats.com
General Boating Discussion
460
03-17-2009 10:01 PM
bad2bonecapt
General Boating Discussion
4
07-22-2004 11:00 AM
BAD-HABIT
Formula
4
08-19-2003 11:52 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.