Notices

Looking for a NEW 38'TG

Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Looking for a NEW 38'TG

Not that I ever had an old one...

A 20 year old "investment" is about to pay off any day...one way or the other... they tell me...and it's time for a new boat...I am looking to see if this might be sitting on a lot somewhere....same exact colors...... or..T-850's will work too..I do want to stick with Merc Power if possible. Air/heat..

Something to get away from Corporate America in from time to time..hopefully for good actually...ever get that urge anyone..? besides me?

Thanks,

Hydro
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a NEW 38'TG-1running.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 04-22-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty boat, those colors are timeless. Ever see a 1992 Baja with the pink???
Old 04-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Call Phil (see my signature line) he'll point you in the right direction or build you a new one if you wish. good luck and congrats.

Tank
Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Hydro,
Good to see sit happen for ya,
You have been on here as long as I can remember

goodluck ,

So................................... What oil will ya run in her?

Jr.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta love good investments. I bought lots of stock over the years at the company I left at the end of last year. Turned out to be one of my better moves...and is what will pay off my new boat.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Call Ocean Performance (860-388-6000) and ask for Todd. They built the boat in the picture. It's not for sale, but they do have a 39 with 850's that may come in on trade and it has lots of blue. The boat pictured is a 38 GT. You wont find any with 1075's or 850's. The 39 is built for sixes and big power. What you should do is build a new 39 with your choice of power and put those graphics on it if you really like the design.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Hydro,
Good to see sit happen for ya,
You have been on here as long as I can remember

goodluck ,

So................................... What oil will ya run in her?

Jr.
Hey thanks...break-in for 10 hours on Mercury Oil.. then over to Mobil-1 V-Twin 20w-50 for life and probably on those engines stick with Mercury Racing Oil FIlters or Wix Racing.

I like how smooth the Mercury high horsepower engines idle for ease of docking..they are a must for me as I am not all that patient when docking.

As far as drive oil in these things what ever Mercury says because I am not familiar with anything but the Alpha and Bravo's.

I really don't intend to go all that fast I just like the power to get on plane fast and well heck it's a Cig...power rules!

Why A Cig?...simply because I have loved Don Aronow and his boats since the day he invented the sport and I owe him one....this is the one that started it all...

Hoping to get this done by Memorial Day if possible...who knows...

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 04-22-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Congrats on being able to do it- order the exact one you want!

Re-sale only matters if you don't plan on keeping it..
Yup..real Americans buy what they want!

My wife is okay with it though she is not into this just like
Bob Norskog's wife let him buy a 42' Fountain he loved so much as well as his Wellcraft and Cig.

They will bury me in this boat...so resale does not matter and my kid will in all candor inherit the boat later on...hopefully not too soon though.

I must admit I have a ton of respect for guys like Aronow; Reggie; Fiore' ; the Porter's ; Jo and his dad and the others who make this sport work for us so very well!

Thanks!

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 04-22-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Yup..real Americans buy what they want!

My wife is okay with it though she is not into this just like
Bob Norskog's wife let him buy a 42' Fountain he loved so much as well as his Wellcraft and Cig.

They will bury me in this boat...so resale does not matter and my kid will in all candor inherit the boat later on...hopefully not too soon though.

I must admit I have a ton of respect for guys like Aronow; Reggie; Fiore' ; the Porter's ; Jo and his dad and the others who make this sport work for us so very well!

Thanks!
nice choice.. you can do the 700sci Package & be happy a long time.. the bigger hp will get old having to refresh every 200hrs +
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a NEW 38'TG-100_1294.jpg   Looking for a NEW 38'TG-top-gun-053.jpg   Looking for a NEW 38'TG-cig123-007.jpg  

Old 04-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
I really don't intend to go all that fast I just like the power to get on plane fast ...power rules!

Quick Reply: Looking for a NEW 38'TG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.