Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Considering a change for next season...Talk to me... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160643-considering-change-next-season-talk-me.html)

Bryan Rose 06-12-2007 11:19 AM

Considering a change for next season...Talk to me...

Seriously considering the move to a high performance off shore center console…..I will most likely get shot for saying this but I think my family may be ready for the move. I have been thinking about this for some time now am know I will stay in the Donzi Family of boats but really am not sure what size I really want to go with and how old, new is not an option for me. I have been leaning mostly towards the ZF series cuddy version of the Donzi line, mainly the 32 foot model. I know I would like it to have a pair of 300 X’s in a perfect world but that just may not be an option. I grew up in Fla and am no stranger to the center console boats or there purpose. What has been any of your experience with the line I a referring to and some things to look for as well as stay away from ……I am thinking with a pair of 300X’s a 32 footer should see about 65 MPH fully loaded and that is fast enough for me in this kind of boat….maybe a 45-50 mph cruise speed? I miss the room these boats offer and the cockpit on my 27 ZX pushes it if I have more than just my family on board…..need some friends to buy there own boats in the meantime….I will keep this boat through the end of the season for sure and may just keep it in addition to the center console…..any thoughts or opinions are welcome....:confused: :argue:
Bryan

Donzi38ZR 06-12-2007 02:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Donzi 32 ZF is used by tons of SKA guys and Police Marine Depts...
has proven to be rock solid...

35 with Trips is my personal favorite... nimbe, agile and FASSSSSSSTT....

With the 35 ZF You can opt for the 2+2 bench seating wich really makes the boat one hulluva good & secure time for all involved....

Either way, you won't be getting passed by MarylandMark :eek: :evilb:

Donzi38ZR 06-12-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2160284)
I am game- bring it on!

I kid :cool:

Mark 06-13-2007 03:49 PM

Always loved Donzi's CC. I'd say go bigger if you will be off shore. That way, Mark CAN pass you! :evilb:

Just kidding Mark! :p

ENFORCER24 06-13-2007 07:13 PM

i bet Marylandmark got a chubby when he saw this thread

but seriously boating is about what makes you happy , not other people , if it keeps you smiling then its the right decision

Mark 06-14-2007 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2162124)
Us Mark's have to stick together... :drink:

There are so many Marks here - we pratically own OSO!

:evilb: