Notices

Need a new boat cover...

Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a new boat cover...

I HAD a full cover for the Fountain (a used one I bought cheap) but after the deluge we're getting down here, I came home and found it ripped from beam to beam. And I disovered it wasn't very waterproof either. Boat is soaked inside out, even the front bilge pump spit out water as I was dealing with it! I have been looking on boatcoversdirect.com and another place and want to get some recommendations for a full cover. I need something VERY waterproof. Thx for the suggestions, not sure I can spend more than 600 or so.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try coverquest.com They have a lot of covers very reasonable. They also make semi custom ones. I sent them the measurements on my 35 Sonic and they made me one for 350.00 and it fit very well. It was out of there Sharkskin material and was waterproof.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

I ordered mine from these guys:

http://www.discountboatcover.com

I bought the "Poly Guard Supreme" and it is quite waterproof. My boat is stored outside at a local dealer waiting on my new trailer. With all the rain we've been having, I've been going over there to "dump the cover" every now and again. Last time I got smart and put in a support pole! The cover is almost completely waterproof and fits well for a semi-custom cover. Every time I have gone over there and found a pond in the cover, the inside has been completely dry. It took about 2 weeks to get the cover, but we're very happy with it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

I have a full cover for a 35 fountain covers the sides and deck
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I HAD a full cover for the Fountain (a used one I bought cheap) but after the deluge we're getting down here, I came home and found it ripped from beam to beam. And I disovered it wasn't very waterproof either. Boat is soaked inside out, even the front bilge pump spit out water as I was dealing with it! I have been looking on boatcoversdirect.com and another place and want to get some recommendations for a full cover. I need something VERY waterproof. Thx for the suggestions, not sure I can spend more than 600 or so.

Greg,
Call Chris @ Gommes canvas, 321-453-4978 or Gary @ CBC , 321-459-3963. and see what they will quote for a cover for your boat. CBC is making a Bimini top for our Seadoo right now, and gommes has done work for both Dail and I, with good quality and $$. Both are located on Merrit Island.
Good luck
Dean
BTW, I was driving east on SR 50 last Saturday with the Fountain in tow, I was on my way into work @ Lockheed in Orlando
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Call Gioia sails in nj. Very honest and priced right. They have alot of covers on their computer already. I just got a sunbrella cover for my 36 c/c, fits perfect and half the price of the factory. Ask for Pat 888-245-0011, tell him Don Lamana sent you.