Notices

For the Baja bashers

Old 06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
If that is in refernce to me - please explain.
Nah ..... just enjoying a variety of opinions and commentary.

Besides ... life is good ... fun is fun ... even if your stuck riding in a Baja!

Last edited by StillHaulin@63; 06-14-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
Nah ..... just enjoying a variety of opinions and commentary.
Everyone wants something different in their boat. If you're happy with your's (aside from the fact everyone has 4 footitis, 50 HPitis), that is all that counts. It depends alot on where you boat, how you boat, and of course how much money you have to throw at it.
I know what I'd really like is Bschoe's boat here on the board, but it's missing some of that criteria - mainly the last one.
For me, I don't have a lot of time, don't have a lot of money to throw at it, and just want a hobby. Even if I'm just puttering with it in the backyard, and only going out every few weeks.
When I had my Baja, I was on it 6 out of 7 days. But, circumstances change. I was 12 mins. from the Marina on Erie. I'm now 3 1/2 hr's. And the OH river just isn't the same. Different type of boating. Different type of boat that I want.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

even if your stuck riding in a Baja!
Beats where I am right now by a longshot...
And I won't completely rule one out - just lower on my shopping list.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

If by chance you get stuck in a Baja, I'll bet you'll still have a blast out on the water
However, you might have some explainin' to do here on OSO .....
Old 06-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

If by chance you get stuck in a Baja, I'll bet you'll still have a blast out on the water
However, you might have some explainin' to do here on OSO .....
No, I don't feel I'd have any explaining to do.
And agreed, I would make sure I had a blast.
It's just not my choice in a boat.
I've been on pontoon boats, inflatables, duckboats, and had a blast on everyone of them.
Not that I'm comparing Baja to any of those - not at all.
We could be having the same conversation about Cigarette, Fountain, and, heaven forbid APACHE.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Ahhhhh hot boat the best compliments money can buy. Honestly - they have the most biased performance magazine out there and I dropped them because of it. They will say anything you want them too as long as you pay for advertising.

This is a load of crap!

Hot Boat does feature more advertisers boats than non advertisers but I don't think they say anything that isn't true about a boat.

I used to think the same thing and wondered why they never really said anything bad about a boat. Then I had the privlage of spending a week at Havasu doing test evaluations and photos shoots. I got to drive and ride in a very wide variety of boats; Magics, Advantages, DCB's, Domin8ers, Conquest, Lavey, Eliminators, and many more. I was determined to point out all the flaws in each boat and then make a fuss with the staff to write about them. Well, guess what? I couldn't find any! They were all great boats, well built, great gell, fast, great handling, etc. No wonder every review in the magazine says good things. I'll bet if any one of you were to go to dealers and take these boats out for a test run you'd feel the same way. I'd like you to tell me what is bad about them.

By the way, look for my 29 Outlaw to be featured soon!

Here's the crew I was burdened with to haul around the lake!
Attached Thumbnails For the Baja bashers-160-6043_img.jpg   For the Baja bashers-160-6055_img.jpg   For the Baja bashers-160-6091_img.jpg  

Old 06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember stevez, YOU started this!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Ahhhhh hot boat the best compliments money can buy. Honestly - they have the most biased performance magazine out there and I dropped them because of it. They will say anything you want them too as long as you pay for advertising.
That's the way I saw it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Yeah i know i started it but i must say that i love all boats. Small big fast not fast as long as i am on the water i am happy. It just seemed to me that it was an pretty true fact that hot boat made. I have total respect for all boats and boaters.I just love bajas
Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

Bajas ae the best bang for the buck and there are lots of owners who will stand behind that. People who bash any boats have no right to unless the have owned one and had bad luck with it. Thanks all now lets get to the water.

Quick Reply: For the Baja bashers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.