Notices

people hurt on boats

Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
everyone always talks about high speed boat wrecks and people getting hurt, how about a 16 MPH top speed 54' boat while it is in the dock not running doing this to someone.

It is all about chance.

she slipped and fell on the ladder, belive it or not she never cried or screamed or anything just said it hurt real bad, just stood there and waited for the ambulance.

all you manly men think about that next time you get hurt she was only 13 .

That hurts just looking at it!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTDT, got the scars from the operations to prove it. Went to step on the gunnel of a ski boat I had many moons ago. It was tied between several other boats at the time. As I stepped down from a small cruiser, someone jumped in my boat coming the other way. My leg went off the edge and down between the boats. My body unfortunately continued on into my boat where as the big POP sound was heard from my knee. ACL go bye bye.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
BTDT, got the scars from the operations to prove it. Went to step on the gunnel of a ski boat I had many moons ago. It was tied between several other boats at the time. As I stepped down from a small cruiser, someone jumped in my boat coming the other way. My leg went off the edge and down between the boats. My body unfortunately continued on into my boat where as the big POP sound was heard from my knee. ACL go bye bye.
I'd give birth to 10 more babies before wanting to go through another ACL surgery which I had done 8 years ago.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

The plastic cover that sits in the middle of our cockpit was broken, not completely but about 1/2 the diameter of the hole was broken. We knew that and knew that we had to get it fixed.

One of our friends cruiser boat prop got tangled in an anchor line. They needed a razor blade and I remembered we had one in the cup holder. So I jump down off the sun pad, onto the back seat and the heel of my left foot ended up breaking the other half of that plastic cover.

Torn ligments in both sides of the ankle, a chipped bone where the foot bends and lots and lots of pain.

Fortunately nothing very serious. I do fear that falling between the dock/boats or two boats at times.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Ouch, shivers down my spine just reading this thread.

I'll throw in another one that luckily wasn't me. A guy died around here last year working in the bilge of his Baja. An electic tool (battery charger I think) fell into the water in the bilge and electrocuted him.

All kinds of ways to get hurt boating, you don't have to go fast to get killed.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tyson how is the girl doing, hope no major organs were hurt.
Maybe after reading this thread I will be more careful.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Slightly off topic, but I did my ACL, MCL and medial meniscus playing rugby back in 1996. I was on the field again within 6 months thanks to the ortho from the Steelers. Still have platelar tendon pain and numbness. I played rugby for another 5 year after, but definately not something I'd prefer to do again...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

Well at the risk of embarrasing my bro, I thought I'd share. Same thing , cruiser at the dock, his swim plat doesn't cover the entire drive section, slipped and hit a prop with his left leg below the knee.

His name is Mike, say a prayer that the infection is minimal.

Dang

Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hurt on Boat

8/8/04 I was washing my boat in the driveway. Went to hop off and my wedding ring got caught on the side of the windshield. The rig "degloved" my finger requiring stiches all the way around. The bad thing was I came down kind of sideways with my ring finger held up and I shattered my left heel. I now have a plate and 9 screws in my left foot.

Ron

BE CAREFUL!
Attached Thumbnails people hurt on boats-heelhalfsize.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rjcardinal
8/8/04 I was washing my boat in the driveway. Went to hop off and my wedding ring got caught on the side of the windshield. The rig "degloved" my finger requiring stiches all the way around. The bad thing was I came down kind of sideways with my ring finger held up and I shattered my left heel. I now have a plate and 9 screws in my left foot.

Ron
Proof that marriage is very bad for you!

J/K man. That had to hurt like a muther!

Quick Reply: people hurt on boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.