Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My experience with Derebery Performance... >

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Notices

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Cliff, You sound like a real a-hole. They said this they said that..... I dont think you have a clue what you are talking about and are making an ass out of yourself.

Matt says "he believed you and I already spoke" you dumbass.

Derebery has always treated me with HUGE class and bent over backward to help me get my boat running the best it can.

Go back to hotboat and shut the F up.

Last edited by masher44; 06-20-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
Big Cliff, You sound like a real a-hole. They said this they said that..... I dont think you have a clue what you are talking about and are making an ass out of yourself.

Derebery has always treated me with HUGE class and bent over backward to help me get my boat running the best it can.

don't sugar coat it......how do you really feel???
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by masher44

How could I not have clue what I'm talking about? This happened to me, my boat, and my money. Derebery Performance and I are the only ones with the facts.

Even though me and Matt spoke nothing was resolved or made correct.

I am glad Derebery treated you good. Why in the hell would I want him to treat any fellow boater bad??? You make no sense at all and sound like a child.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Big Cliff

I was class act in the situation. I picked up my boat and parts and payed what he asked and LEFT.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Some of you guys are a little quick to judge based on post counts, friendships or whatever.

Cliff did not call anyone names, he simply laid out his side of the story in a pretty straighforward factual way.

We all know there are two sides to a story, Dereberry gets around and I'm sure he knows of this thread, he's a big boy and can choose to answer here or not

I'm glad i got the info and you should be too. Teaches a good lesson no matter who you deal with, get things in writing, agree on ther work, agree not to make a mess in the boat and agree on the condition of the gelcoat/vinyl etc when the boat was delivered, agree on boat storage, covered or not, secure or not, whose insurance while locked in the pen Agree how far to go without written approval, these are basic good business principals and are law in many states. These things hardly seem like stuff someone would invent to harm someone.

IMHO, I respect that a builder may not want to get trapped in depending on anothers work but at the same time too many are too quick to pull the "It needs to have everything done" trigger and spend a perf boaters money cause they assume they have plenty of it.

If it makes good compression, does not consume excess oil and does not have valve springs known to puke at xxx hrs run it.

I spent many years in small engine repair and many more in Jet engine repair. I've talked to Leon myself a few yrs ago, nice guy, new his stuff, but went out of his way to upsell me on a whole custom engine rather than do the work I requested on a 5 hr merc 454mag, I moved on.

Peace
I completely agree. I like to hear all the good and bad things that might happen at any place I'm thinking of spending my money. I did not hear anything out of line with what the guy said.. It sounds like he paid his bill and went on down the road. Now he is telling fellow boaters his experience and let them be warned.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are always 2 sides to every story and Leon probably doesn`t want to get into a pizzing match over something that happened over a year ago.
I know Leon and he most likely only wanted to do the engine one way - his way - the RIGHT way. He isn`t going to patch up someone elses POS engine and then put his name on it.

You are entitled to your own opinion about Leon Derebery. Personally, I think he walks on water.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Cliff have you sat down with Leon and discussed this problem face to face?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Donman
He isn`t going to patch up someone elses POS engine and then put his name on it.

:
Its a chevy bowtie block, 572 cui, aluminum head, solid roller, chiller, littlefield 10:71, twin Nickerson carbs......etc. Its far from a POS engine. It made over 1000hp after the rebuild. Motors break I know this very well from my drag car, but doing a full tear down for a broken head stud?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by apache21
Big Cliff have you sat down with Leon and discussed this problem face to face?

At the time of pickup he would not really discuss the matter. Just seemed to want his money.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Cliff
Motors break I know this very well from my drag car, but doing a full tear down for a broken head stud?
You said there was a knock in the top end or bottom end or something like that?? Head stud breaking won't cause an engine knock....unless there's a blown head gasket and even then it won't knock, it will pop/hiss.... Maybe he tore it down because he couldn't find where the knock was coming from...

Quick Reply: My experience with Derebery Performance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.