Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My experience with Derebery Performance... >

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Notices

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Chris288
Don't let these guys bother you Cliff......
I don't. Although its funny to see them get heated and resort to calling names.

Derebery may be a great shop with 99% top ten work, but I was the 1% that was not so great IMO. Just put the story out there for everyone to interpret in there own way.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Cliff
I don't. Although its funny to see them get heated and resort to calling names.

Derebery may be a great shop with 99% top ten work, but I was the 1% that was not so great IMO. Just put the story out there for everyone to interpret in there own way.
I agree.

Big Cliff, you have got to look at the bright side, at least this thread is allowing you to gain those all important post numbers!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Donman here is pic of the POS motor after the rebuild.
With a reply like that, I think your main purpose here is simply to stir schit.

You will not gain anyones respect with that attitude. Maybe you don`t care about getting anyones respect and honestly, I still don`t actually see the REAL purpose of this entire thread.

Now, let me ask you a question, if you don`t mind.
Who did the repair / rebuild on your engine ? Just curious as to why you`re not tooting their horn.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Donman
With a reply like that, I think your main purpose here is simply to stir schit.

You will not gain anyones respect with that attitude. Maybe you don`t care about getting anyones respect and honestly, I still don`t actually see the REAL purpose of this entire thread.

Now, let me ask you a question, if you don`t mind.
Who did the repair / rebuild on your engine ? Just curious as to why you`re not tooting their horn.

Please, I don't need anyones respect or approval. People have called me names and tried to stir up **** in this entire thread. All I did was quote what you said first. Did you not state the motor was a POS? I have stayed cool in this thread even after being called a few not so choice names.

Randy Sides did all the work on the motor after Derebery. He did a perfect job and has helped me with other things on the boat since. I consider him a friend after all this. Although I don't see how it matters who did the rebuild. This thread was about what happened at Derebery's.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Big Cliff

Donman if you are ever in my neck of the woods (since we both boat in TX). I can show you the pics of the boat at pickup on my blackberry and show you what the machine shop put in writting about the shortblock being "perfect."

You came at me with the comments.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

I don't see how it matters who did the rebuild. This thread was about what happened at Derebery's.
Being that I don`t know too many capable mechanics that can successfully build a high horsepower blower engine, I was just wanting to know so that I could file the name into my memory bank for future needs. Also, I thought that it might be someone I know, since I`m kinda close by.

As for the POS statement, I wasn`t actually referring to your particular engine, but maybe that`s how it came out. My intention was to say that if an engine of unknown condition / mystery parts is brought into a shop in a "broken / non-running" condition, caution must be excercised when planning the repair, especially if your name is going to be associated with this engine.

I think I just confused myself more...
Old 06-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Donman
Being that I don`t know too many capable mechanics that can successfully build a high horsepower blower engine, I was just wanting to know so that I could file the name into my memory bank for future needs. Also, I thought that it might be someone I know, since I`m kinda close by.

:

Randy Sides gave me more than a enough references and he backed up his quotes on price of the rebuild and when all was said and done his final price was cheaper than he quoted. I did not go with Mr. Sides because of the cost but his attention to detail and his honesty. Two of the Eliminator owners I talked too had previously had Derebery engines. They had similar storys as mine with much larger bills.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you would have started this thread without posting the name of the shop, these guys would have been all over you to post the name. You posted the name of the shop, and they call you names for doing it. Kind of makes you wonder what they really want.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by bowtie
If you would have started this thread without posting the name of the shop, these guys would have been all over you to post the name. You posted the name of the shop, and they call you names for doing it. Kind of makes you wonder what they really want.

Thats how it goes man. Just wanted to voice my story.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
AMEN!!!

As for the name-calling, that's pretty much fourth-grade, schoolyard stuff. Those folks pretty much go into my "ignore" category.

Thanks for telling the story. It's obvious you're not trying to force a resolution on this situation and you've accepted the outcome. Much better than I would have.

Quick Reply: My experience with Derebery Performance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.