Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another jumper (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161699-another-jumper.html)

RedDog382 06-23-2007 02:25 PM

Another jumper

Opening celebrations tonight for the new I-280 Veterans Memorial Skyway bridge over the Maumee River in Toledo. Five persons died in the construction of the bridge. Four workers died when a crane collapsed 2 years ago, another died in a fall when scaffolding collapsed last month. Boat parade, walk, fireworks scheduled. Already had the first jumper this afternoon ...

88formula223 06-23-2007 03:08 PM

geeez

el indio 06-23-2007 07:16 PM

must be an ohio thing........

88formula223 06-23-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by el indio (Post 2174341)
must be an ohio thing........

EL Indio must be talking about the fact we both have Formulas Dog :) :)

NefariousOne 06-23-2007 10:18 PM

I'd jump off a bridge too if I had to live in Ohio....

BOBCATMATHEWS 06-23-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 2174165)
Opening celebrations tonight for the new I-280 Veterans Memorial Skyway bridge Already had the first jumper this afternoon ...

jeez, i thought brady quinn would last longer than that:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

88formula223 06-23-2007 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS (Post 2174444)
jeez, i thought brady quinn would last longer than that:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

lol

bouyhunter 06-24-2007 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 2174165)
Opening celebrations tonight for the new I-280 Veterans Memorial Skyway bridge over the Maumee River in Toledo. Five persons died in the construction of the bridge. Four workers died when a crane collapsed 2 years ago, another died in a fall when scaffolding collapsed last month. Boat parade, walk, fireworks scheduled. Already had the first jumper this afternoon ...

That bridge has been long coming - and long needed.
Shame that so many people gave there life for it.
Kind of puts a damper on the celebration.
I remember being on the water when the O-I building opened. The regatta, boat parade, and party was great!!
And, don't bash Ohio - Lake Erie is some of the best water I've ever been on. I miss it.

Mark 06-24-2007 01:46 PM

Lake Erie is very rough. Great boating for those who like it that way. No wonder my dream boats are Cig. & Apache.
Rough water rules! :drink:

wigginout 06-24-2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by NefariousOne (Post 2174441)

:D :D :D

Ms PatriYacht 06-24-2007 09:56 PM

Who is brady quinn?

And yes it is true, don't bash Ohio. There are very few places as big as Lake Erie with as many ports to visit. There is a world class amusement part, tons of islands including Put In Bay, and Kellys:drink: A zillion boat clubs with $1.00 drinks, reciprocal privileges and overnight docking. International waters, loads of restaurants, great fishing, lots of swimming holes. Yes it can be choppy but it is still a great place to boat. The big problem is you only get to do it 4 months a year.

GLH 06-25-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by NefariousOne (Post 2174441)

Classic... :D

BOBCATMATHEWS 06-25-2007 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht;2175235]Who is brady quinn?

THE SAVIOR OF THE CLEVELAND BROWNS,THE CHOSEN ONE,actually chosen a little later than he would have liked, but overall a pretty good QB, and i hope he does well ,and if you were being facetious disregard this:D :D

C_Spray 06-26-2007 07:15 AM

I got my passion for boating when I was just a kid, cruising up and down the Maumee from Rossford to Toledo in my uncles 25' Owens. It was an all-wood boat with inboard power and pulley-and-cable steering, but to me it was a 150' megayacht.

Had a good time at Sandusky, Put-In-Bay, Kelley's and Pelee Island in 2005. Great fun.

Chris Sunkin 06-26-2007 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2175235)
The big problem is you only get to do it 4 months a year.

If you want all 4 months, bring a nice, heavy jacket.

AIR TIME 06-26-2007 08:57 AM

Who is brady quinn?

And yes it is true, don't bash Ohio. There are very few places as big as Lake Erie with as many ports to visit. There is a world class amusement part, tons of islands including Put In Bay, and Kellys:drink: A zillion boat clubs with $1.00 drinks, reciprocal privileges and overnight docking. International waters, loads of restaurants, great fishing, lots of swimming holes. Yes it can be choppy but it is still a great place to boat. The big problem is you only get to do it 4 months a year.

yeah if you want to bash a place mass is a good one:p :D . I went by the marina where I use to rack airtime no hot boats this yr nudda one. I won't be in anyways still buying replacement parts decided all new.:rolleyes: art

bouyhunter 06-26-2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2176984)
I got my passion for boating when I was just a kid, cruising up and down the Maumee from Rossford to Toledo.

That is exactly the same area that I the bug.

Shore Thing 06-26-2007 02:26 PM

Trebek: Let's just move on to Final Jeopardy. And the category is...Letters of the Alphabet. All you have to do is write down a letter, any letter at all, for instance 'a' or 'g'....there is no reason why any of should be writing this much please just write down a letter of the alphabet...Mr Goldblum evidently doing Tai Chi over there...*buzz* Ok, for the sake of tradition, let's take a look at the answers. Sean Connery, you wrote...ok, that is definitely not a letter.

Connery: Ha ha!

Trebek: Beautiful, just beautiful. Minnie Driver let's what you wrote...you drew a picture of an eye.

Driver: Well eye is a letter isn't it?

Trebek: Are you English or retarded? Let's go to Jeff Goldblum, who appears to still be doing Tai Chi, let's see what your answer was...the number two.

Goldblum: Ah ha, ah ha, the LETTER two, my friend.

Trebek: No, two is a number.

Goldblum: I, uh, I can't read or write...

Trebek: Good for you. Well, as always, three prefectly good charities have been deprived of money here on Celebrity Jeopardy. I am Alex Trebek, and the three of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Good night.

Racegirl3 06-26-2007 02:54 PM

Ok ... somebody explain why they would jump off a bridge if they lived in Ohio.... Im missin why thats funny .... or a classic :rolleyes:

NefariousOne 06-26-2007 03:05 PM

Because it's Ohio..... :snide:

RedDog382 06-26-2007 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by NefariousOne (Post 2177654)
Because it's Ohio..... :snide:

And they jump off the skyway in Tampa all the time, too!:D

RedDog382 06-26-2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2177644)
Ok ... somebody explain why they would jump off a bridge if they lived in Ohio.... Im missin why thats funny .... or a classic :rolleyes:

RG3,

Don't be so sensative, honey!:cool:

NefariousOne 06-26-2007 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 2177667)
And they jump off the skyway in Tampa all the time, too!:D

Touche!:drink:

bouyhunter 06-26-2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2177554)
I will take "got" for $100 dollars Alex.

:D :D
I was at work, and I try not to spend too much time goofing off.
I don't usually post while at work because of the IT Nazi's - even though I was eating my lunch at the time.

Racegirl3 06-26-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 2177669)
RG3,

Don't be so sensative, honey!:cool:

Hehe .... I just thought I was missin something good :p

Ms PatriYacht 06-26-2007 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=BOBCATMATHEWS;2176818]

Who is brady quinn?

THE SAVIOR OF THE CLEVELAND BROWNS,THE CHOSEN ONE,actually chosen a little later than he would have liked, but overall a pretty good QB, and i hope he does well ,and if you were being facetious disregard this:D :D

thanks I really did not know but then I only follow the big 10

every area has it good and bad, each time I think about leaving the great lakes I can't think what would be better.

1. The southeast has it weather problems, lots of hurricanes and those manatee zones, seem like people are either boarding up their homes or pizzing about the manatees, or . noise zones. Plus bugs out the wazzo, and salt water not the greatest to boat in.

2. Then you got the OK/TX area, sorry but those lakes are a lot smaller and they get the twisters and the downpours. Also more bugs out the wazoo

3. LOTO and most of the lakes in the southwest and southeast are so much smaller that you can even get swamped in a 30' offshore, and of course lots of problems if you are a bit on the noisy side.

4. Northeast lakes lots of tree huggers speed limits and noise and lots of restrictions, even shorter season than most of the great lakes.

5. Northeast coast, salt water, congested harbors, hard to find places to pull in, tides to deal with so you have to plan around that, and their boating season is about the same as the great lakes

MI/OH Lots of water very little speed or noise restrictions, fresh water and most of it pretty clean enough to drink, tons of shore line, picturesque towns from party islands to quaint towns. Lots of places for overnight docking, beautiful marinas, lots of parks and festivals. Ian and I could tow our boat and then travel to a town on any of the three great lakes near us without hitting the same place for 10 years. Oh well just guess I am happy where we live:D

whoya 06-26-2007 09:12 PM

Dam
Maybe they can leave that road racing course under the bridge.
I was wondering if that thing would be ever finshed. Hope there are no big Ohio earthquakes,That thing looks like it would tip over.