Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance center consoles? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161790-performance-center-consoles.html)

cuda 07-03-2007 02:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jay's a good guy. He belonged to the same boat club as we did when we lived in Pinellas County. It's a shame what happened with the Cat problem, believe me, he took it very hard.

Here he is at a poker run in Sarasota, watching Maximus (yes the Miss Geico driver) change props on his 36 Spectre. The second pic is of Jay driving one of his own 36's, which I believe he sold to another club member the next week.

DRIVEN1 07-03-2007 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2185638)
:evilb:

I keep telling them to put me on the payroll as a PR guy but no such luck so far. My bid for some more free t-shirts hasn't even panned out.. :(

My Concept- LOVE IT!! I did a 190 mile trip this past weekend and it was AWESOME! It did get a little hairy in 4 footers but in all honestly it is still only a 32'6 boat (with swim platform) with an 8 foot beam- it is going to get hairy some times. After my tour of the factory- I had no fear knowing she would stand up to whatever I tossed at her, it was the GF that made me slow down..

That is a nice long cruise, I hear ya about the GF yelling to slow down.

DRIVEN1 07-03-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2186537)
Lazy today and on cell-net; what's the story behind that?

I assume he is talking about Parker's death in the 36. :(

DRIVEN1 07-03-2007 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2186315)
Jay's a good guy. He belonged to the same boat club as we did when we lived in Pinellas County. It's a shame what happened with the Cat problem, believe me, he took it very hard.

Here he is at a poker run in Sarasota, watching Maximus (yes the Miss Geico driver) change props on his 36 Spectre. The second pic is of Jay driving one of his own 36's, which I believe he sold to another club member the next week.

He is great guy, I first met him at shell island in 1997 when I had my gas powered blender going with nice frozen drinks. I ended up selling him a gas powered blender. (my buddy was one of the first people to build them). I would love to build a 36 with big power but I can not insure it here in Florida, so I am going to go back to a center console. He is has been great to deal with optioning the boat out and can not wait to get it built.

Johno 07-03-2007 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2185758)
Hey Mark...don't feel bad because I was the 1st here on OSO to have a performance styled CC and it was a Concept and I started all the talk about them here on OSO back in 2002. I also started the Concept forum and moderated it for a year.

I never got a free t-shirt for any of that, not a thank you or anything and actually quite the opposite.

See the thing about it is Concept knows that weather you or I or anyone talks about Concept or not good or bad they will still sell plenty of boats so it does not really matter like we like to think it does.:drink:

Hey Mike,
I remember all the crap! That's part of the reason I don't bother to get involved. I prefer to be a lurker & do my best to avoid drama & I got a Thank you & Tee shirts from the Manuf. of my CC. :drink: Some people just do business differently I guess.

FeverMike 07-03-2007 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ck54 (Post 2186263)
Here is a picture of a new 39 Midnight Express that Joe Crook just sent me.

Very pretty! Sweet sweet sweet looking boat!

FeverMike 07-03-2007 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2186081)
I disagree with whether they dont care about what is said on OSO. OSO has a bigger persuasion then you might think.

I think OSO has persuasion...I know for a fact it does as i've been persuaded and done some persuasion myself.:eek: :drink: However I just know what I was told...:cool:

cuda 07-03-2007 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Johno (Post 2186651)
Hey Mike,
I remember all the crap! That's part of the reason I don't bother to get involved. I prefer to be a lurker & do my best to avoid drama & I got a Thank you & Tee shirts from the Manuf. of my CC. :drink: Some people just do business differently I guess.

Don't you have a collar bone or something to go break. Besides, you just lurk because that one finger typing you do takes forever!:drink:

cuda 07-03-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 (Post 2186612)
I assume he is talking about Parker's death in the 36. :(

Yes, very unfortunate.:(

DRIVEN1 07-03-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2186666)
Yes, very unfortunate.:(

He was my mentor for ten years and helped me become who I am today. It is crazy that is has already been 3 1/2 years since his death. I can remember it like yesterday when he was building the boat and how excited he was about it.