Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George 6/30 - 7/7 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161908-lake-george-6-30-7-7-a.html)

LEOPAJM 06-26-2007 09:52 AM

Lake George 6/30 - 7/7

Gonna be up to the lake next week .... Any new places on the water I need to know about , check out , ect ???

Gladhe8er 06-26-2007 11:31 AM

Not much "new." Main hang out areas are Red Rock Bay, Log Bay and Sandy Bay. No new restaurants on the water either. In the Bolton Landing area you have the Boathouse and Algonquin. And I'm sure you know if you tie up at the town docks, you have walking access to dozens of establishments.

BUIZILLA 06-26-2007 12:38 PM

Lakeview Restaurant is excellent... Algonquin is good, but somewhat inconsistent...

Boathouse was pretty good, view from outside bar is priceless

but the NEW Fin's 'n Claws restaurant in Bolton Landing main street will knock your socks off for FRESH seafood.... unbelievable chowdah and fish sandwiches...

the Sunday Brunch at the Sagamore is a CAN'T MISS theatre of excellent food...

TeamSaris 06-26-2007 01:27 PM

Im not big on the View myself. Boathouse is good, Algonquin can be good. Make sure to stop by the marina and introduce yourself. Fins and Claws is exelent!!I am VERY good friends with the owner.

Give me a call if your out on the Lake Saturday 518-796-2783

otis311 06-26-2007 01:34 PM

Call me if you would like to hook up

Lakeside in Bolton is good
The Lobsterbake at the Sagamore is real good but pricey
Fins and claws is excellent
Boathouse is good
Algonquin is ok
Blue Water Manor is good

We are always in one of two bays

Red Rock Bay or Log Bay. I am usually incognito though. The Gladiator sits most of the time and we are usually out in the pontoon boat.

my number is 518 361-6521

Bob

otis311 06-26-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA (Post 2177416)
Lakeview Restaurant is excellent... Algonquin is good, but somewhat inconsistent...

Boathouse was pretty good, view from outside bar is priceless

but the NEW Fin's 'n Claws restaurant in Bolton Landing main street will knock your socks off for FRESH seafood.... unbelievable chowdah and fish sandwiches...

the Sunday Brunch at the Sagamore is a CAN'T MISS theatre of excellent food...

That is an excellent summary of Bolton Landing and Lake George considering you are 1500 mile away .... Im impressed.

And I thought I spent alot of time in S Florida

Were is the Lake View ?? If you mean the View on the North end of the Lake, It is now closed for good. The owner died this spring and the place is 4 sale

otis311 06-26-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM (Post 2177180)
Gonna be up to the lake next week .... Any new places on the water I need to know about , check out , ect ???

What boat are you bringing down here ??

Gladhe8er 06-26-2007 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 2177527)

Were is the Lake View ?? If you mean the View on the North end of the Lake, It is now closed for good. The owner died this spring and the place is 4 sale

Interesting...did not know that. That's a shame. Any idea what the asking price is?

outriggers 06-26-2007 02:02 PM

Were is the Lake View ?? If you mean the View on the North end of the Lake, It is now closed for good. The owner died this spring and the place is 4 sale[/QUOTE]

Otis, Is the View the old Indian kettles? Doug

NefariousOne 06-26-2007 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 2177527)
That is an excellent summary of Bolton Landing and Lake George considering you are 1500 mile away .... Im impressed.

And I thought I spent alot of time in S Florida

Buizilla just spent a few weeks up there doing Americade, Laconia and the Donzi Dustoff Rally which had the Algonquin as the center of activites..... although he didn't do nearly the amount of boating he should have.....:eek: Maybe Poodle was holding him back....:evilb: