Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor >

Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Notices

Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Old 02-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Low Rider

The Sunsation factory rep. responded to this string and is an active member of this site. I am sure I am wrong here but I have never seen a response from any Baja factory rep. on this site. If this is one of the more active sites for performance boats and mfg. support is a consideration then it appears only one of the two factories are listening to the customers. Score one for Sunsation.

In all fairness I should disclose I own a Dominator.

John

Old 02-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Isn't the Sunsation significantly more expensive than a similarly equipped Baja? If that is the case then that is something to keep in mind.

Sean
Old 02-12-2002, 04:13 PM

while you guys are talking about Baja....

how can you find the price anyway?

I just went to www.bajaboats.com and used their configurator... I did all this works and then it said "Call for Prices" - that sucks!

At least the Sunsation Configurator tells you the price as your select your options...

The Baja site is pretty but functionally; it sucks.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:17 PM
HydroScream

construction, performance and customer service........ SUNSATION!

I've been out in all the recent boats (25, 28 and 32) and all i can say is WOW! Great looking and great driving boats!! Can't wait it get out into a 38 !! sick rides.. all of them

Old 02-12-2002, 04:35 PM
29Fever

I've been in a couple of Outlaws. Not impressed with the ride. Thought they slam hard with the nose up in the air. I do think they look nice. I think you're comparing the wrong boats though. If you want to compare the Sunsation to something, look at AT or the 26' Sonic. Total custom jobs. If you are looking to go used, you can pick up a Baja for nothing. Someone mentioned they are a step up from SeaRay...I would say two steps down.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:45 PM
FA18Driver

Cool

Yep just above Fountain...

Old 02-12-2002, 05:04 PM
29Fever

Old 02-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I own a 2001 Outlaw and CFD12, whom I boat with owns a 1994 25 Agressor. Two totally different boats. Mine has the 496HO and the Agressor has a 454MAG with some mods (HP unknown) and my outlaw is faster but only my a couple mph. The agressor is 1000# lighter though and is a much smaller boat. I love my boat and it is tough to compare a 2001 w/ a 1994 but the factory support from Sunsation is outstanding. CFD12 is putting in a new dash w/ other interior upgrades and the factory has consulted him several times and that is great for a 1994 boat. I would have to say that my Outlaw is better in the rough. It handles it great and does not pound or hit hard on landings. The bow does not fly high either. Both are excellent boats and despite the "rumors" about Baja factory support I have contacted them several times with questions and they replied very quickly and have had great "after the sale" response.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:09 PM
FA18Driver

Cool

Old 02-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, I'll simply state that the Sunsation is a custom boat and the Baja is a production boat. If you want to compare an angular, aggressive, classic looking 24/25 foot custom boat to a svelte, knife-like, stylish custom boat, compare the Pantera 24, Active Thunder 25 and Sunsation 25. Then you'll at least be talking about the same level of customer support, fit, finish, rarity, cache, quality of construction and resale. Then the choice will really come down to personal opinion. I would buy an Active Thunder in that scenario while you may well pick something else. Best bet is to compare price, quality, amenties vs. your realistic boating life and ride. For example, don't go for a hardcore, balls-to-the-wall speed machine with no amenities if the majority of your boating consists of going out with the family for weekending. Buy what fits YOUR lifestyle, taste and bank account. Remember, just because someone here likes the boat doesn't matter that much since you'll be the one making payments on it. Unless you want to loan it to one of us...

JASSMAN, I didn't say when I'd buy an AT, though!

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Miller ]

Quick Reply: Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.