Notices

Check Us Out

Old 06-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Check Us Out

As a result of people dropping the ball on the boating scene in and around Pittsburgh. Some of my friends and I have decided to take things into our own hands. WWW.Boatpittsburgh.com is the result of this.

Pittsburgh is a great boating destination and we want everyone to know. My buddy Terry, Tgrantz on OSO, has put together a website for the organization so that everyone can see what its like. Feel free to browse around and enjoy the pics. Some of my OSO brothers and sisters have already gotten to experience Pittsburgh and Im sure they know what we are talking about. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good for yoonz guyz

Lived in the Burgh area for about a year and a half. I didn't get a chance to do much boating there - and the boating I did, was a big change for me.
But, I was on the Allegheny up around lock 4 or 5 (can't remember which - it was one up from Fox Chapel) around the New Kensington area. I just didn't like running ten miles, go through the locks, run ten-15 miles, lock through...
It was a lot different for me from growing up on Erie.
I never actually boated down to the point, but I imagine it's a lot better down that way.
Pretty hectic time in my life, so not alot of boating while I was there.

I've got a call into a guy on a boat in the area.
I might need to ask a favor.
Good luck with the site!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

I will admit.. Its not like running in open water like on Erie or the gulf/ocean. But it is what it is and we make the best of it. There is actually a nice amount of space to run on the main pool because you got all three rivers till you hit the locks. But, the nice thing is there are plenty of places to tie off or raft up and have a good time.

If you need anything looked at. let me know.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice site,goodluck with it

http://boatpittsburgh.com/pages/Kenn...20(12)_jpg.htm

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
I will admit.. Its not like running in open water like on Erie or the gulf/ocean. But it is what it is and we make the best of it. There is actually a nice amount of space to run on the main pool because you got all three rivers till you hit the locks. But, the nice thing is there are plenty of places to tie off or raft up and have a good time.

If you need anything looked at. let me know.
Don't take it the wrong way. I was just used to open water, and that was all I knew. It was kind of a culture shock for me.

I'm waiting on a call/e-mail back from a guy out that way that has something I may be interested in. 724 area code. I've got a buddy from Gatto's in Tarentum that I'm trying to get a hold of too to take a look-see.
Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Registered

Dont worry. Didnt take it the wrong way. It is what it is. Yeah, its murky and has debris in it. But its my backyard. Do I wish it was Miami blue with lots of visibility. Of course. But hey, we are trying to make the best out of what we got.

Strip... Why wouldnt you put a link to that pic. LOL
Old 06-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Cool Site, Thats awesome that kenny Chesney just jumped on the boats to hang out.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dont worry. Didnt take it the wrong way. It is what it is. Yeah, its murky and has debris in it. But its my backyard. Do I wish it was Miami blue with lots of visibility. Of course. But hey, we are trying to make the best out of what we got.

Strip... Why wouldnt you put a link to that pic. LOL

prob someones wife/girl and it would use your bandwidth

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

The one thing I really miss about the Burgh is Mario's on the south-side. Used to go there for lunch all the time.
I was working right in the West end circle, across the street from Myrna's(???) diner - I think that was the name of the place.
I did have a lot of fun while I was there.
Good luck to Yoonz Guyz!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:36 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Good for yoonz guyz

Lived in the Burgh area for about a year and a half. I didn't get a chance to do much boating there - and the boating I did, was a big change for me.
But, I was on the Allegheny up around lock 4 or 5 (can't remember which - it was one up from Fox Chapel) around the New Kensington area. I just didn't like running ten miles, go through the locks, run ten-15 miles, lock through...
It was a lot different for me from growing up on Erie.
I never actually boated down to the point, but I imagine it's a lot better down that way.
Pretty hectic time in my life, so not alot of boating while I was there.

I've got a call into a guy on a boat in the area.
I might need to ask a favor.
Good luck with the site!
Sorry man but we pa people say yens .lol Great site.just what i needed another boating site.

Quick Reply: Check Us Out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.