Notices

info on Norfolk Va.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool info on Norfolk Va.

Need some help here, we will be making a drive to Norfolk to see our son before he leaves for Iraq. He is stationed at Little Creek amphib base. Was wondering what are the must see/do things for a power boating family? Don't have much time, will be there july 6-10. We have never been and was just wondering. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

richmond poker run on 14th pulls in by norfolk at night if you stay longer http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=148016
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wareside is a fun place if you like the bar scene.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by excursion
Just tell them you know Reba but leave James name out of it so they don't kick you out.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
Waterside is a nice place with plenty of bars and restaurants. Its on the water and plenty of nice views. It would be my choice. God Speed with your Son on his deployment.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

not a boater but, the bay is "huge" and "rough" sometimes. norfolk has a down town area but not sure of dockside compatabilities and chics beach has a couple dockside restaruants that are nice.
sometime you can see the hovercraft out and about and the seals 50ft vbottom runnig around, that's a nasty looking boat if i have ever seen one, looks like something out of madmax but on water.
be safe.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tickfaw, are you bringing your boat? We rack store at Taylors Landing at Little Creek. Great location that is central to many destinations. There are several great restaurants and bars within a short boat ride or drive from there. Shoot me a PM if you would like more info.

BTW, the Ches Bay is huge and definitely can get rough. But I finally have a boat that can handle it with ease.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the input,is that "Wareside Bar" or waterside? Macklin we are not planning on bringing the boat, really don't have that much time but would love to at a different time.We will drop Reba's name at wareside. Yea I guess you could say we are in to that scene,my wife works behind the bar at sunbuns in Manchac,only child so he has been with us alot on the boat. Funny thats what he was "selected" to do when they found out that "daddy" had a go fast boat that he drove. He drives a 35' navy go fast boat taking a swat team of sorts to ships.
Sydwayz, sounds like we will make Waterside just to do some chilling and BSing. Only child and is hard on mom letting her "best friend" grow up. Thank you for your thoughts and come have a drink with some southerners.
If any of you ever come down south come see us on the Tickfaw, you will not regret it.
Be cool
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well then....I think you guys need to go for a ride on Sudden Thunder! We would be honored to take your son (and mom & dad too ) out for a ride before he departs for Iraq.

Just throwing that out there. Waterside is a great lunch destination. Get to cruise by the Atlantic Fleet on the way.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered

Are you serious?? That is very generous of you and your family. You may have seen our sons ship, it is a LSD "GUNSTON HALL" #44. He has told me that he has seen several power boats in the area at times. Has wore a Royal Purple poker Run shirt to town and had someone strike up a conversation on it.

Quick Reply: info on Norfolk Va.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.