New 37 Active Thunder 700 N.x.t

Notices

New 37 Active Thunder 700 N.x.t

Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
It's hard to tell from the picture but is the headliner glue-up carpet or Vinyl?
That boat is vinyl, but the headliner is whatever you want it to be. Its a custom boat. If you want pink ostrich and albino leopard skin, just say the word.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That boat is vinyl, but the headliner is whatever you want it to be. Its a custom boat. If you want pink ostrich and albino leopard skin, just say the word.
There's no doubt I'd rather buy a custom boat than a production boat any day of the week. I don't even care if it's faster/slower!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat. I love it...
John
Old 07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Oh Yeah!!! Can I get a quote on that!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
Oh Yeah!!! Can I get a quote on that!
I talked to your wife. She said you can't afford it.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I guess everyone has their own reason for buying a particular boat. Some like a nice cabin, AC, Gen, ect. Others buy a boat for performance reasons. Active Thunder seems to have created a best of both worlds. I was just curious about the performance numbers.
In addition and hypothetically speaking, if everything else was equal in comparing two or more boats for purchase consideration, top speed may be the deciding factor. There are certainly MANY other things that should and need to be considered, but as guys go, we all like to have a fast boat and hate it when our buddies boat is faster. Personally, I think value, handling and customer service after the sale are more important than the top number, as the top number can always be manipulated with prop & gear, but will usually suffer in day to day functionality in relation to customary boating habits.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Beautiful boat!!! The colors are really cool and different. I am just wondering why they are not running the big #6 style props? I would think it would make the boat handle even better. Just a thought. Like I said beautiful boat!

DK
Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ktron
Beautiful boat!!! The colors are really cool and different. I am just wondering why they are not running the big #6 style props? I would think it would make the boat handle even better. Just a thought. Like I said beautiful boat!

DK
First props on the boat, and George is still dialing it in. He'll get some sweet numbers out of it.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-02-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron

DK
We tested a set Merc. Hi-Perf made for us. Better top-end speeds, no doubt, however much longer time to plane off as you would expect. Also you just don't feel as 'connected'. You have to drive the boat a little more.

The easiest, most user friendly props were the Maximus but they ran slower. None the less it is the prop of choice for over all. You can run mid 90s all day long and hardly have to do a thing but pay attention.

Although pricey, these 6-blades are expected to meet somewhere in the middle. We've been working with Julie at T/U to see if these are the ticket for the NXT drives.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

So how much HP is lost to those mufflers?

Quick Reply: New 37 Active Thunder 700 N.x.t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.