Notices

Fastest 28 Nordic Heat

Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve Z,
Thanks for the info. I may talk to my buddy about the lower. At his speeds it may indeed help.
We had pressure issues at first as well.
In that motor I run a 5/8" restrictor in thermo location, the Merc pressure relief valve along with the two 1/4 rear bleeds off the back of the manifold. Pressure stays dead on 25lbs when running. I also run the R-Tech IC off of this with 5/8" hose as well so there's plenty of water available with the LWP

Dave

Note: have you seen the prices of that plastic relief valve lately
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Steve,
You said you drove the boat in the low 70's, so why did everyone have a hard time believing me when I said it ran 72? Is this an unusally high speed for a 28 with a 496HO?. Nate is going to need a little seat time before he stands on it. I believe this is their first performance boat. What better way to get into high performance boating than a 28 with 950 hp

Mark,
This boat has a Max Machine bravo. Don't know how well it will hold up, but I will keep you posted.

Bob,
Accurate numbers are exactly what I was looking for. Untrue and unrealistic numbers don't do me any good. I appreciate the time that you guys have spent helping me.
Thanks, Eddie.
Eddie,
I never drove Nate's boat with the 496, so can't help you there. I drove it with the Tyler Crockett motor once.
Another friend here with a 2002 Heat/496HO (no CMIs) is GPSing mid 60s. Are the headers worth 7MPH?
Steve