Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out this piece of trash!  Ripped off folks for thousands of dollars... >

Check out this piece of trash! Ripped off folks for thousands of dollars...

Notices

Check out this piece of trash! Ripped off folks for thousands of dollars...

Old 02-12-2002, 09:39 AM
MikeStar

Thumbs down Check out this piece of trash! Ripped off folks for thousands of dollars...

What a piece of work this guy is - and it looks like "Johnny Law" doesn't give a rat's ass...
http://www.king5.com/localnews/NW_02...d.fc1baa5.html

Old 02-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's sick!!

2 years ago I was looking to get a little work done on my boat. I stopped by an on shore marine, there were men in suits walking around the place and a few police. They asked me if I had a boat in there. I said I didn't, but was looking to get some work done. I was told they had kipped the country. They had sold several boats that had been brought in for service work. Had also sold some boats to 2 different people. A bunch of people were paying for boats that they no longer had.
That was one time I was glad I had procrastinated.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What is up with people these days!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 10:03 AM
MikeStar

I particularly like the comment from the prosecutor - "we don't investigate unless it's a loss of $100K" or words to that effect.

So I guess the poor schmuck that gets stuck for $50 large is just SOL, eh? Nice to see your tax dollars at work...

Old 02-12-2002, 10:06 AM
supercrash

Mike the guy sure is a crook...But thats his game!!..The real crooks are the law who don't want to do anything about it.
After all ...If you are a police officer then you are expected to uphold the law...And if your a crook then you are expected to brake the law...Sounds like the crook is upholding his part of the deal.. Wheres the law???

Old 02-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That really sucks! I don't care how much the amount is, a theif is a theif. I once took a guy to court over $10. The judge looked at the papers and said "Oh, this is the case of a matter of principle". That pissed me off, I said "yes sir it is. What price do you put on your principles, is $10 not enough? How about $20". He didn't like that very much, luckily he was just a pre case judge and he didn't hear my case. BTW, I did win the case.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that we have OSO word gets out fast about this kind of thing!!!! Thanks Crash for posting.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Sick Puppy's out there!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 12:00 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

That was local to my area but I didn't get to hear the info on it. I have never seen that boat but I did hear some disturbing news about Mirage. Seems the last owners they had were a couple Microsoft guys who had money unfortunatly didn't know how to run a company. They then sold out to someone that sounds very much like the guy in the news clip. I've heard from a couple people in the know that he's one of those guys that robs Peter to pay Paul, and quite often doesn't pay his suppliers not to mention the poor performance of getting boats to people . That's really a bummer since it provided jobs up here.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 02-12-2002, 02:17 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

GET THE BAT!

Quick Reply: Check out this piece of trash! Ripped off folks for thousands of dollars...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.