I Know You Guys Are Gonna Be Mad >

I Know You Guys Are Gonna Be Mad

Notices

I Know You Guys Are Gonna Be Mad

Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Know You Guys Are Gonna Be Mad

because I have no pic's, but some of you may have simlar pis's to the descript.
We always make 2-3 passes along the dam, there is a road across the top with a speed limit of 55mph. People always wanna race the boats or just see how fast they are realy going. We where running 95- 100mph and looked over, there was a group of sport bikes right beside us(40 yards). Man all of a sudden the lead guy wheelies(see above speed)for about 2 miles, then set it down and was gone. I tried taking pics with my phone, but the sun made to much of a glare.
Does anyone else have any simlar stories or pic's?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, I see it all the time. Idiots.

I remember a story in our local St. Petersburg Times from pretty recently.

------------------

The daring wheelie that killed Krone, 26, of Clearwater was actually the second of two on Wednesday night, according to a friend.

At Nebraska Avenue, Krone pulled the wheel of his black sports bike into the air. He zoomed for almost a mile along Belcher Road until he spotted a cop at Tampa Road, said Sean Danahey, who was following behind him in a truck.

When the cop fell out of sight, Krone hit his second wheelie. It lasted for half a mile - a mile, perhaps - and it was astounding.

Krone was going 80 mph with one foot on the bike's left rear peg and the other just dangling behind him, Danahey said.

At the intersection of Belcher Road and Andrews Court he lost control.

It was 7:53 p.m. when his bike hit the curb and then the grassy median, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said. Krone was wearing his helmet, but it was not enough to protect him from the violent crash.

He was flown to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg and pronounced dead at 9:37 p.m.
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/18/ne...pping_wh.shtml
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

Yep...I used to be one of those "idiots". I survuved and sold the bikes. The faster you go the easier the wheelies, 80 is really not that fast. The wind hitting the underside of the bike opens up the balance point, however, the margin of error becomes zero.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

I was one of those guys too, and I have the Scars to prove it. I thought I was pretty good for a while, then reality came into play about the same time I was sliding down the highway . Its was fun and what a rush but no more for me.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Yep... The faster you go the easier the wheelies, 80 is really not that fast. The wind hitting the underside of the bike opens up the balance point, however, the margin of error becomes zero.
Are we talking bikes or cats?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Sorry I should have clarified, it's not just the bikes, I was talking about the cars too. I'm in the motorcycle buisness, so I know what they can do. I to am one of those idiots and plan on being one of those idiots for life, just a lot calmer on city streets(track is a diff. story).
Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Ya, I see it all the time. Idiots.
Just last week, I had to run out and take care of some personal business while at lunch.
Two guys are in front of me on sport bikes.
One guy is constantly doing wheelstands. We're driving through city traffic (suburbia shopping area). Then, the other guy starts in with it too - right next to him
Add to this, that guy #1 decides to start doing endo's at every stoplight - planting it about 18"s from the back bumper of the van in front of him.
There is a time and a place for that kinda thing - the city street is not it.
I'm worried the whole time that he's gonna lay it down, possibly take out his buddy in the process, and I'm right behind them, so I'm gonna run 'em over.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WILD 1
because I have no pic's, but some of you may have simlar pis's to the descript.
We always make 2-3 passes along the dam, there is a road across the top with a speed limit of 55mph. People always wanna race the boats or just see how fast they are realy going. We where running 95- 100mph and looked over, there was a group of sport bikes right beside us(40 yards). Man all of a sudden the lead guy wheelies(see above speed)for about 2 miles, then set it down and was gone. I tried taking pics with my phone, but the sun made to much of a glare.
Does anyone else have any simlar stories or pic's?
Hey Jackazz youve never been 95+ in a boat

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Yep...I used to be one of those "idiots". I survuved and sold the bikes. The faster you go the easier the wheelies, 80 is really not that fast. The wind hitting the underside of the bike opens up the balance point, however, the margin of error becomes zero.
I CAN SECOND THAT my brother inlaw owns a hon,suz dealership. my wife made me give up bikes after I hit a cop head on at 75mph. I was in 3rd place racing with 10 to 12 bikes , thats one of the reasons why I have a lot of operations now. Boating I only hit the water once at just under 70. my kawa1100 gpz was my favorite bike. wheelie at any speed .
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Registered

I remember those days untill my knee got screwed up. Said I woul never ride again untill my dad made me ride his fatboy, and the rest is history.

Quick Reply: I Know You Guys Are Gonna Be Mad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.