Notices

Lake Travis Boat Accident

Old 06-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Travis Boat Accident

http://keyetv.com/local/local_story_160214108.html

The girl was the daughter of the man.

Boat's engines did not die after accident & was circling. A red Fountain that was near by resued the two out of the middle of the circling boat.

I got pictures of the boat this morning but have not figured out how to post them.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

man that sucks
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sad.....they said the little girl was thrown in the windshield. I feel for the dad.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

I figured out how to get picture on Hot Boat. Since I am not paying member must not have the right to post pictures. Here is link on hotboat

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showth...07#post2611707

The boat sank and I think from the pictures you can see why. One prop is bent up but I think they did that bringing the boat up.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

That is so, so, so, sad . Prayers for the families.

These powerboat accidents are happening more and more . There are so many of these yachts cruising around on TX lakes. On many occasions I have seen these kinds of boat wakes cause havoc at Texoma. I have stuffed a sea ray before on a cruiser wake but at a very slow speed, I had a full load (12 people). If you don't slow down or back off- they can be your worse nightmare. At speed you really only have a second or two to react. Sometimes it can be something so small as turning around or just reading your gauges. I have seen a scarab break in half pretty much the same way. One of my friends also had to catch a boat a speed to cut the engines off after the driver was racing and tossed out - he didn't survive either, but atleast they were able to shut the boat down in time. Just last weekend I saw a pontoon boat almost flip from a cruiser wake and he was just putting around. One guy fell off the boat, but they were able to recouperate. I also think that a cruiser wake may have played a role in the accident on Labor day last year.

I wonder if we will see anything come out against powerboats in TX. It seems to me the real culprit is the drivers of these huge yachts who kick up huge wakes just to laugh at all the damage they cause or almost cause. I believe there are also laws against not carrying a huge wake until you get into the open water, but that is never enforced.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

We were out with a friend and came up on the accident only a few seconds after it happened. Managed to get some video of the boat sinking. I'll post it up as soon as I can upload it.

When we arrived, the boat was circling and the man had his daughter trying frantically to get away from the boat. Poor little girl had blood streaming from her forehead and was unconscious. When they got on the red Fountain, the man could only get on the swim step and you could plainly tell his leg was messed up. It was choppy yesterday and my guess was that he got airborne and came down on the port side. He had to have been moving along pretty good. So sad.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

you cannot blame the "yacht" guy's. Boats don't kill people. i have had every kind of water craft made and each one can be dangerous if not captioned properly. yes some big boats put off big waves and some powerboaters run a t dangerous speeds and some waverunners are very irresponsible running between other boats and jumping waves. if you watch the clip at the end a girl crawled up a steep embankment and fell off. People kill people and when you combine that with alchohol it can be deadly. i think there should be a mandatory safety course and some kind of license to operate a watercraft of any kind. it is one of the only things that you do not need a license for. lets educate the people and save lifes.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fine jade
if you watch the clip at the end a girl crawled up a steep embankment and fell off.
2 separate accidents at the same time. I believe you're referring to the woman who fell down the rocks at Devil's.

Quick Reply: Lake Travis Boat Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.