Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SBC Exhaust ( Looking ) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162682-sbc-exhaust-looking.html)

littledcsrodshop 07-05-2007 09:24 PM

SBC Exhaust ( Looking )

I am looking for 2 good sets of Small Block Chevy exhaust.
NOT a factory set I am looking for some aftermarket performace exhaust. I would love to find a deal on a good used set. Anybody have or know of anything ????
Drop me an email : [email protected]
Thanks , Scott

glassdave 07-05-2007 09:44 PM

GLM has aftermarket replacment aluminum ones that work pretty well. their about $580.oo a pair. should be able to get them through pretty much any marine aftermarket place or my buddy is a supplier and can drop ship 'em to ya if you want to go that route. he has a set on a 450hp small block and they flow pretty good.

littledcsrodshop 07-05-2007 09:59 PM

Hey Dave , How ya been ? I am really looking for a good performance set like cmi , stainless marine , gil , emi , ect...
I have a set of factory mercs that are working just fine, but I am about to pull the twin small blocks out of my Pantera & probably put them in my Saber & I would just really like to have a good set of exhaust before I start cutting on a nice clean transom.

glassdave 07-05-2007 10:28 PM

pretty good man, just enjoying the summer and the racing season. how the street rod biz.:cool:

I'll ask him if he has anything else, he did just part out a Mirage that had 2 brand new sets of EMI's and last i saw they were still on the shelf in the shop. not sure what his plan for them was but all he has is big block stuff so he may have them for sale.

pullmytrigger 07-05-2007 10:28 PM

I tried for years to find good used sets for twins.......few and far between.......didnt happen.......broke down and bought 2 sets of new Revolution Marines.......very happy with them......I know thats not what u wanted to hear:( :cool:

pullmytrigger 07-05-2007 10:36 PM

PS......I did run across a couple of sets of CMIs or Stelling's, i cant remember.......they were actually considerably more than the new Revs.......and word of caution.......make sure they come with all reqd shift brackets, module bracket, can u still use stock power steering location? etc otherwise u could be in for a PILE of extra work fabricating.......doug

Stormrider 07-06-2007 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop (Post 2188542)
I would just really like to have a good set of exhaust before I start cutting on a nice clean transom.

Smart Scott. Think of your dream HP, then get the exhaust for them. only cut once.

glassdave 07-06-2007 01:35 PM

Hey DC i just talked to my buddy (hes actually on here under the screen name lightning jet) he has a set of EMI Thunders with stainless long risers. they only have like an hour of run time on them. he's gonna come up with a price and i will let you know

littledcsrodshop 07-06-2007 01:38 PM

Thanks Dave I really appritiate it ! just send me an email : [email protected]

littledcsrodshop 07-08-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2189147)
Hey DC i just talked to my buddy (hes actually on here under the screen name lightning jet) he has a set of EMI Thunders with stainless long risers. they only have like an hour of run time on them. he's gonna come up with a price and i will let you know

Talked to him friday . Thanks Dave