Notices

Spectre Vs Motion

Old 07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Spectre Vs Motion

Hello All-

So this weekend I am going to look at a couple 30' Spectre's and one 30' Motion. From the reseach I have done on OSO and other sites it seems like they are very similar.

Comparing Apples to Apples what one would you rather have?
All between 2000 and 2002. All have 300's. All have about that same equipment on them. What one would you rather drive?

thanks for all the help!
Don
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Spectre.......
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never been in a 30 Motion but have a friend thats had many (twins/tripples) and hes been on my boat and what he sais is that you cant compare, the spectre rides much better specialy in the ruff......also docked next to one before....the Spectre looks much better and bigger in the water... I would have to see what condition the hulls are in and hours on motors and PRICE thats gonna help you out ......
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Which has the best paint?
LOL! The spectre's have the better paint. One of the motions is all white, the other is purple and yellow.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Spectre.......
Ryan I know you have a lot of expecrience in Outboard cat's so, is there that big of difference?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Ryan I know you have a lot of expecrience in Outboard cat's so, is there that big of difference?
as a matter fact Ryan would know he raced mine with Wylie when it raced.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The Spectre is a better pleasure boat....more amenties, better lay out, better construction.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
The Spectre is a better pleasure boat....more amenties, better lay out, better construction.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have owned both and have been in several of each. Every Spectre I have been in Porpoised like crazy. From the time you plane off to 100. Sometimes you can't get them to stop porposing. If you have a good chop it's better. You have no choice but to have a giant tunnel tab. The spectre also tend to sneeze over the bow quite a bit and spray in your face espically at slower speeds. I kept mine about 3 months and absolutly hated it. The Motion on the other hand, never porposied. I think the ride was more solid. It didn't have the "hollow sound" when landing off of a big wave. The spectre always sounted like it was going to fall apart. I would hands down recommend the Motion.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I have owned both and have been in several of each. Every Spectre I have been in Porpoised like crazy. From the time you plane off to 100. Sometimes you can't get them to stop porposing. If you have a good chop it's better. You have no choice but to have a giant tunnel tab. The spectre also tend to sneeze over the bow quite a bit and spray in your face espically at slower speeds. I kept mine about 3 months and absolutly hated it. The Motion on the other hand, never porposied. I think the ride was more solid. It didn't have the "hollow sound" when landing off of a big wave. The spectre always sounted like it was going to fall apart. I would hands down recommend the Motion.
Hmmmmm..... Now I am really confused! Anyone else have any comments?

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 07-06-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Spectre Vs Motion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.