Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run >

Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Notices

Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Old 02-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Found out today that the MOCA poker run will not take place this year. I know some guys will be happy and others will not. Either way, it would be nice to organize some type of event. Or does anyone know of other Poker Runs in the area besides Smoke On The Water.

I was thinking of $200 - $300 per boat and everyone buys their own lunch and dinner at the last stop (Beach Grill or something along those lines).

Instead of having one person organize, we could have a committee responsible for specific tasks.

What do the SE Mich guys think????
Old 02-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

It was soo fun last year and perfect weather. My first poker run! Got some cool pics also.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

I got about 35 boats together last year mostly from oso and we did a free fun run for anyone that wanted to go, just come along, I brought cards, envelopes, and everyone decided, screw the cards, we met in the lagoon at metro, and all rafted off for an hour or so till everyone showed up, then went out and ran to beach grill, ate drank, ran to muscamoot, rafted, partied for a few hours, then browns, ate and hung out for a while, then left about dusk, made for a good day. If you are looking for a more official type of setting, look into insurance costs, liability, ect. That's why this was informal, word of mouth type run, and all free, we wanted to do a $20 a hand type run, but it never happened, but it was a blast. I've got 6 dacks of cards and 350 envelopes if you pursue it further that I'll give you if you need them. We meet up once and a while, we were just at tin fish on Jan 26th but it's still pretty early to pick dates ect... keep me posted, I got a bunch of friends that all like the informal runs, and I prefer them myself, alot more fun than the moca events, and alot less $$.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Registered

I'm with Rob on the more informal runs. At $300 a hand, that's almost $500 for me being a Canadian plus the $500 in fuel for the day, food, drinks, etc. It's well over a 1K for a day. I don't think so, I'll stick to the fun runs! I will help organize any fun run if you are intested. We spoke briefly about it at the Tin Fish and decided we'll pick some dates at the next gathering which will be in March. No date has been picked for that but I think we'll probably head back to the Tin Fish. I think it worked well for everyone.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Set it up !!!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

It was pretty cool last year, this year
we have to hit the Sandbar (not literally) though !!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

Boatchic,
Which poker run were you in ?
Old 02-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

MOCA / Metro Beach Poker Run Aug. 11th
Old 02-11-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

Ya Chuck, we were supposed to hit the Sandbar remember!

I sat there for an hour waiting with all those hot waitresses, man was I pissed!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

There is still the Oshkosh Thunder run, the Chicago Thunder run, and the Sturgeon bay run. Plus we'll have the Lake Michigan fun run.

Quick Reply: Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.