Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp... >

Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Notices

Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we got in saturday while i was cleaning the boat and getting my evening entertainment from the ramp across the creek i saw something really scary. Now this is the same ramp that Sydwayz started this tread with. About a 30' Maxum comes in to the ramp. 2 couples and 5 kids who all appear to be under 12 and wearing life jackets. One guy backs the trailer in with a suburban. The moms and 2 kids stay on the boat and 3 of the kids get on the dock and are running around completely out of control. The guy starts powering the boat on the trailer at about 2500 rpms while the other guy is winching. While there doing this the 2 kids on the boat are standing on the swim platform and the 3 on the dock jump in about 10' behind the boat and let the wheel wash blow them out in the middle of the creek. The guy gets the boat up on the trailer and cuts it off and the 3 kids in the water swim up to the transom climb in the boat and away they go.
The wife had already taken our things up the hill so my camera was in the house. But from now on the camera is staying on the pier till i get done so i can get pics. of some of some of the dumb chit i see at that ramp.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see parents leave there kids in the tow vehicle while launching there boat, which I think is crazy. I alway told my kids to either get in the boat (as it floats) and sit down or wait on the dock... and seeing little kids strapped in car seats while on a boat ramp, well I just have to shake my head...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pretty funny one too. I once saw this guy trying to launch a pontoon boat (thing was like 28-30 ft long) at my local ramp. He barely had the trailer in the water and then couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer. His solution to this problem was to tie the boat to a cleat on the dock and try to pull the trailer out from underneath the boat. I had to finally leave after about 20 mins of watching this a$$hole make a fool of himself spinning his tires because I just couldn't take it anymore. It was a good thing he wasn't able to pull the trailer out because the front 1/3 of his boat would have been sitting on the pavement!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
I have a pretty funny one too. I once saw this guy trying to launch a pontoon boat (thing was like 28-30 ft long) at my local ramp. He barely had the trailer in the water and then couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer. His solution to this problem was to tie the boat to a cleat on the dock and try to pull the trailer out from underneath the boat. I had to finally leave after about 20 mins of watching this a$$hole make a fool of himself spinning his tires because I just couldn't take it anymore. It was a good thing he wasn't able to pull the trailer out because the front 1/3 of his boat would have been sitting on the pavement!

Welcome to OSO!