Notices

Brick N.J.?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Does that make you Mayor Bricktucky?
You should know better, the head Bricktuckian is headed to jail for taking bribes from Bennies and screwing Piney's.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the term shoobies has nothing to do with wearing shoes on the beach. The weekenders from Philly were called shoobies because they came down to the shore with their lunch in a shoebox and never spend any money. They do spend lots of money though, which supports these shore towns all year.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Place called Georgetown. Lived off Ralph Ave. (E. 66th St). Used to keep our boat @ Brown's Marina @ Kings Plaza. I'm glad we moved out to Jersey. I would have ended going to South Shore HS
Wow you lived close was on E89 Between k and L was a cop in the 67pct just north of you.You are right South shore would not have been good went to a small riot there in about 1986 or 87
Was up there last year its changed a lot where we lived is not real nice now Do miss the food though
Old 07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Wow you lived close was on E89 Between k and L was a cop in the 67pct just north of you.You are right South shore would not have been good went to a small riot there in about 1986 or 87
Was up there last year its changed a lot where we lived is not real nice now Do miss the food though
I would have been right in the middle of that mess. I graduated in 1987. When I lived there, Gil Hodges Bowling Alley still existed. I think St Mary's was up that way. Parents sent me to St Bernard's for CCD.

One can knock Jersey all they want, but I like it here. Ya just have to live here in order to make fun of it

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-17-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ron P
You should know better, the head Bricktuckian is headed to jail for taking bribes from Bennies and screwing Piney's.
Sorry Ron It's gotta be all that yummy East River tap water I drink at work
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have been right in the middle of that mess. I graduated in 1987. When I lived there, Gil Hodges Bowling Alley still existed. I think St Mary's was up that way. Parents sent me to St Bernard's for CCD.

One can knock Jersey all they want, but I like it here. Ya just have to live here in order to make fun of it
If you were there I would have saved you.Wife went to Nazarath HS Got married at Holy Family on Flatlands ave and Rockaway pkwy
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

If you were there I would have saved you...........
Thank ya Darlin!

.........Wife went to Nazarath HS Got married at Holy Family on Flatlands ave and Rockaway pkwy
It's a small world.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I miss Jersey. Gonna be back there this weekend to judge a car show at Monmouth Park though..
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by McGary911
Man, I miss Jersey. Gonna be back there this weekend to judge a car show at Monmouth Park though..
That's right by me. But I'll be in Seaside Heights this Saturday. NJPPC is hosting the Shore Dreams for Kids event. See if you can come down.

2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 1
2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 2
2005 Shore Dreams
Old 07-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the Staten Island people come down to the Jersey Shore! The typical stereo type is an Italian guy from NY that wears one of them wife-beater g-tees. Benny.... Guido .... Gumba ...... it's all the same. (Also it's anyone from North Jersey) Hell ........ Tony Soprano would be considered a Benny down the Shore.
The way it was explained to me......the term Benny came from the many Jewish people (many with first name Benjamin or Benny) that came from NYC to the shore for the summer. With so many people running around with the name Benny it stuck as nickname for any tourist from NYC, or anyplace else for that matter.

I used to work in Brick Town, now just called Brick, for many years and never heard the the term Bricktucky before. I never thought of Brick as a redneck area.

Quick Reply: Brick N.J.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.