Notices

Brick N.J.?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you get over to Jenkinsons on the Point Pleasant Boardwalk. See in background with blue roof.

If you see fire on the water, its just Jetset playing around.
Attached Thumbnails Brick N.J.?-jenks2.jpg   Brick N.J.?-flamessmall.jpg  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Its the power of OSO we talk about things that have nothing to do with the thread at all.BTW I do like seeing some of the 80's prom pics. Thanks for all the info I have received from some of you.Carry on but post more pics.
Oh yeah, the topic of the thread.... LOL

There is a guy who does the lifts at our marina, his name is Jimmy Black, but I don't know his company name. He may be someone worthy of getting in touch with. I think we have close to a dozen lifts on our dock.

If you have some time give our marina a shout and ask them if they can put you in touch with him, ask for Eddie or Brett and tell them "Frank with the Apache" referred you. 732-842-3700

See post #7 in this thread; http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=162999

Frank

Last edited by Panther; 07-19-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther

There is a guy who does the lifts at our marina, his name is Jimmy Black, but I don't know his company name. He may be someone worthy of getting in touch with. I think we have close to a dozen lifts on our dock.

If you have some time give our marina a shout and ask them if they can put you in touch with him, ask for Eddie or Brett and tell them "Frank with the Apache" referred you. 732-842-3700

See post #7 in this thread; http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=162999

Frank

Jim Black and Neil Houghs H&B Marine 732-277-8179. They worked for me doing installs then I turned the biz over to them and went boat racing. Good guys. Can't say I miss dealing in lifts but if you have any questions let me know. There are some good companies and some bad companies. If you're gonna shop make sure you get a 10 year warranty.

Wonder who installed those lifts at Navo
Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Thats why Panthers never works.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther

Frank

Thanks Frank for the lead.Maybe I'll see you up there for a tasty beverage.

Jim Black and Neil Houghs H&B Marine 732-277-8179. They worked for me doing installs then I turned the biz over to them and went boat racing. Good guys. Can't say I miss dealing in lifts but if you have any questions let me know. There are some good companies and some bad companies. If you're gonna shop make sure you get a 10 year warranty.

Mr.V I selling boat lift drive units.Take a look at them on my website.They are fast as hell. www.perfectsystems.biz
Old 07-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

I'll send you a PM, give me a shout if you're comin up!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Mr.V I selling boat lift drive units.Take a look at them on my website.They are fast as hell. www.perfectsystems.biz
gotta set them up as direct drive, no belt. My 3 lifts are old and still chain drive. The newer Hi-Tide lifts are all direct drive, one of these days I'll call the factory and do an upgrade.....yea been saying that for years but it never happens. My 16,000# lift is now 15 years old. Other than cables its been flawless.

All the lifts that are chain drive at Panther's Marina I put in single handed, except for the very first one when I had the help of a Jersey Pirate. One or two of the direct drive lifts were done by a guy from Brick. The rest were done by H&B. I never did any of the pile work, H&B does pile work.

I have to scan a pic of a lift I was called in to fix in Rumson, ya know some people will nickle and dime you then go really cheap. I told him I could replace the lift but would not fix the crap he put in, he should went with me in the first place. I like the fix when the pole started to sink

Last edited by mr_velocity; 07-19-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Mr_V, Maybe he'll give you a demo so you can see how it works..... But you don't install em anymore, so maybe Jimmy would like to see it!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

gotta set them up as direct drive, no belt. My 3 lifts are old and still chain drive. The newer Hi-Tide lifts are all direct drive, one of these days I'll call the factory and do an upgrade.....yea been saying that for years but it never happens. My 16,000# lift is now 15 years old. Other than cables its been flawless.

All the lifts that are chain drive at Panther's Marina I put in single handed, except for the very first one when I had the help of a Jersey Pirate. One or two of the direct drive lifts were done by a guy from Brick. The rest were done by H&B. I never did any of the pile work, H&B does pile work.

I have to scan a pic of a lift I was called in to fix in Rumson, ya know some people will nickle and dime you then go really cheap. I told him I could replace the lift but would not fix the crap he put in, he should went with me in the first place. I like the fix when the pole started to sink

Actually Hi-Tide uses my PSI drive and order more then any other customer.To each he's own.If you remember when your in biz that the customer always wants the cheap to cheaper product.Direct drives are twice the price as the PSI drives.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered

Actually Hi-Tide uses my PSI drive and order more then any other customer.To each he's own.If you remember when your in biz that the customer always wants the cheap to cheaper product.Direct drives are twice the price as the PSI drives.
Yup on their Baracuda lift, never installed one. I have to say your PSI drive is a huge improvement over the flat plate drive they used to use on that lift. I only installed their top of the line product, Ro-Lift at the time now its the gear drive. You're right, people want cheap cheap cheap and those people were not my customers. Then again I've been woken up at 6am on a weekend to do a quick service so a customer could get the boat off the lift. Problem was the marina cut the wires to the outside motor when they chopped the ice over the winter. Not my problem but I still went out to take care of him, that's what people were paying for. Panther knows that drill with wires being cut and him picking up the tab You can see from the pics I posted above what happens when you go too cheap.

No doubt if Hi-Tide is using your product it's first rate. They always stood behind their product, no questions asked. I lost touch with the company with Rich Greene passed.

Quick Reply: Brick N.J.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.