Notices

Brick N.J.?

Old 07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Yup on their Baracuda lift, never installed one. I have to say your PSI drive is a huge improvement over the flat plate drive they used to use on that lift. I only installed their top of the line product, Ro-Lift at the time now its the gear drive. You're right, people want cheap cheap cheap and those people were not my customers. Then again I've been woken up at 6am on a weekend to do a quick service so a customer could get the boat off the lift. Problem was the marina cut the wires to the outside motor when they chopped the ice over the winter. Not my problem but I still went out to take care of him, that's what people were paying for. Panther knows that drill with wires being cut and him picking up the tab You can see from the pics I posted above what happens when you go too cheap.

No doubt if Hi-Tide is using your product it's first rate. They always stood behind their product, no questions asked. I lost touch with the company with Rich Greene passed.
Been there and done that kind of service calls.Once you have the PSI unit you will never go back to a flat plate.
I installed 2 for Activeshack here on OSO and he's other flat plates went up about 24" a minute and made all kinds of noise.After the PSI went on I measured it for 1 minute and it was 55" a min. and quite as a mouse.It sells it self.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeD
"areas of use" manahawkin HMMMMMMM --- I live in north jersey year round but I own a home in (not a bungalow)in Manahawkin , I pay taxes in both towns (aprox. the same amt.), I dont litter in either area or destroy property-----so why am I still a B E N N Y ?
Actually thats nicer than being called a Piney
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
edison and up is north jersey, bayville and down is south jersey and everything inbetween is central...just my .02

Not if you ask the Pineys in West Creek they think anything above rt 72 is north Jersey
Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Not if you ask the Pineys in West Creek they think anything above rt 72 is north Jersey
I hear ya there, when I lived in North Wildwood and worked in North Cape May, they considered Middletown North Jersey. As where I guy a used to date from West Caldwell, he considered Middletown South Jersey. And damn, if you say Central Jersey, they all reply "Oh, you're from Trenton?"

Jersey people are very sensitive to the North, Central and South Jersey status. I just say that I live at the beginning of the Jersey Shore. That usually throws them for a loop.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
Not entirely true. I live in Manahawkin, and spend a lot of time on the island. Over the last few years I've seen just as many NY plates as PA plates here.
I'm not disagreeing with you. And not saying that you don't get both. Just that the Jersey Shore trend seems to move south but not north. So you get more New Yorkers but we're not getting the PA people up this way. Kinda like the term "Shoobies" I never heard that term before cause we don't get them up this way.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Thats why Panthers never works.

Its not the lift its the chitty wiring that the marina provided. Go take a look at the breaker pannel, don't be surprised when that whole dock goes poof.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Superboat502
Yea were overrun with Benny's this time of year, and its just as bad out on the water. All the idiots with summer house think they can buy a SeaRay and a jetski and do what ever they please out on the Bay most learn in a short period of time that this isn't the case, but some one has to keep seatow in business.
They keep us in business too...we are the Sea Ray dealer in Brick
Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I'm not disagreeing with you. And not saying that you don't get both. Just that the Jersey Shore trend seems to move south but not north. So you get more New Yorkers but we're not getting the PA people up this way. Kinda like the term "Shoobies" I never heard that term before cause we don't get them up this way.
That "shoobies" term is a Philly/South Jersey thing. I am in that 856 area code. I only knew of the Benny-Guido term from going to Pt. Pleasant as a kid in the to watch the races, and I read that on the bathroom wall of a restaurant up there - "Benny-Guidos go home" I was wondering WTF that was referring to, but I soon learned.

As far as the trend, I go southeast when going to the beach, or visiting friends Ocean City, Stone Harbor, and Cape May or my destinations now. As you get to your 40's your beach/vacation destinations change (for me at least).

But, I will be in Wall Twp (for court with a client) on Tuesday, I am sure that the court is no different than any other court I attend, the defendants on the other hand may be ???? This will be my first appearance in the Wall Twp court (this is too close to Brick-Tucky)
Old 07-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
But, I will be in Wall Twp (for court with a client) on Tuesday, I am sure that the court is no different than any other court I attend, the defendants on the other hand may be ???? This will be my first appearance in the Wall Twp court (this is too close to Brick-Tucky)
That just happened to be the courthouse I went to when I had my I-195 infraction....
Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Panther,

No racing the cops, no need for court, lol. That is a good story/experience you have from an entertainment perspective.

I got ya covered if you ever have to go back to Wall Twp. court.

Quick Reply: Brick N.J.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.