Notices

I Need To Vent!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting

Originally Posted by rdoactive
Not to be a smart a$$.
But the only common factor in your "problematic encounters" with the police seems to be............
You.

Sometimes it's better to keep a low profile.
I knew my x girl friend would call somebody and tell them to say it's all my fault. lol
Old 07-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never really had a problem when I bought my first boat 10 yrs ago. - 26 yrs. old, 25' Baja with a flashy custom Checker paint job 454 with wide open exhaust. Boat was loud as hell.
The CG always walked our docks at the begining of the season offering courtesy inspections - or if they happened to be there at another time, you could request one. Showed them I was all good on the Regs for my boat, Lifevests etc. They give you a big ugly decal to stick on the boat saying you've been inspected. After that, the season always went trouble free.
Of course, I was also a considerate boater. I followed all the No-Wake rules, and didn't try to "bump" the speed.
I turned down the stereo to reasonable levels when at idle.
And, I didn't act like an A-hole around other boaters.
Didn't have much trouble.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you've got it nailed buoyhunter; i used to go 'round with attitude "laws are for everyone else" and i attracted trouble; just take it easier today and no problems w/ cg or water patrol. -jeff
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by 28Skater300x
Back when I was kid road my motorcycle in old peach orchard next to my house 100+ acres. Cops would come out with their cars and try to catch us (1970's). When I got old enough to drive got into lifted 4x4 trucks (1980's). Got hassled by the cops everywhere I went on and off road. Next got into standup jetski (1985) got pulled over just about every time you would pass the marine police. In 2002 finally I could buy a Skater after seeing them at the NY boat show in 1984. Is it just me or is anybody else notice that the fun police are everywhere especially at the lunch stops waiting. This cat and mouse game is getting old.
It's just YOU...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Ive had my Cig since I was 19. Every weekend for the past 6 years I cruise the same busy channel loaded with water cops hastling boaters. I obey the laws and follow the rules most of the time and Ive only been stopped once.

If you play with fire, your going to get burnt.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 28Skater300x
Back when I was kid road my motorcycle in old peach orchard next to my house 100+ acres. Cops would come out with their cars and try to catch us (1970's). When I got old enough to drive got into lifted 4x4 trucks (1980's). Got hassled by the cops everywhere I went on and off road. Next got into standup jetski (1985) got pulled over just about every time you would pass the marine police. In 2002 finally I could buy a Skater after seeing them at the NY boat show in 1984. Is it just me or is anybody else notice that the fun police are everywhere especially at the lunch stops waiting. This cat and mouse game is getting old.
A good friend of mine that i grew up with decided that he was going to be a cop.Hes been on the force for about 5 years and he now works at my shop on his off days.He comes out on the boat,comes out in the race [street] cars to the car shows and places in general.Its like having a licsence to steal!!!Get pulled over and we laugh.I would suck without him.P.S. we got pulled over in a 28 Skater with 300Xs this weekend by marine police with him.It sucked because he would shoot the sh1t with them for a half hour. And he was drinking
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I got pulled over once and the guy asked how fast my boat was and I told him 55 mph. I asked how fast his was and he said 56 mph. That's the only time I ever laughed at what a cop said! I now actually hang out with 4or 5 cops. They are handy to have around!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't want to get pulled over, Try having on Lifejackets, and obeying all the laws such as wake. What they look for in my area is a boat load of people no lifevest on and it will equal to getting pulled over for a safety check. If you have on vests why would they stop you. It worked for me in my LOUD blower boat and now that I work the water it works for others, wearing you life vests shows you are a better boater than most. With the outboard the noise law is not a issue so you have 2 things in your favor already. Don't give them a reason to pull you over and they won't unless like me I want to see what you have and BS with the go fast owner(s) and he knows that in a few seconds when I ask him to raise the hatch so I can see what he is running. This also lets me know if I want to race him later LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

I usually have a bright orange walmart PFD and a captains hat from overtons on and they leave me alone they can tell I'm a pro lol........ don't be a idiot and they leave you alone in general
Attached Thumbnails I Need To Vent!-whiteskipperhat-375.jpg   I Need To Vent!-1530%2520stearns%2520pfd-small-.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

I am going to market stickers for the back of boats that says " I support the Marine Patrols" maybe that will keep them away. Any takers???

Quick Reply: I Need To Vent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.