Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gulp!  Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends... >

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Notices

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Yep - I'm your average joe...........used boats are not so bad, but the insurance is becoming quite the kicker. Insurance companies are rotten.......boats, health, homeowners, flood, cars. My boat insurance should not be any more than a car - I mean your in it what 10-30 days in the summer. Yeah it goes fast, but no faster than my car and your a lot likelier to get in a car wreck.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what makes me scratch my head.....Take a new 30 foot Express cruiser, for this example will use Rinker (cause I'm familiar with the brand). Delivered to our dock for 100K. AC/Heat, Shorepower, large Refrig., Windless, fully enclosed, T/350 w/bravo III, TV, DVD, Coffee, Micro, Stove, Lawrance, 1200 Watt Kenwood (factory)with two remotes, Corian Counter tops, ****ter with push button, Presserized Water system w/hot water, Remote spotlight, three sinks,three Batts, and comfortable sleeping accomadations for 4 . Now lets compare that to lets say a new 30 Baja with twins on a steal trailer equipped with as many of the same options as you could.....$150, $170???? Its actually funny to think about the difference in material/equipment cost. I think my old' man summed it up real good when he told me "theres an Ass for every cushion"
Old 07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered

And for what it's worth, crude was at $75 a barrel today.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
You know what makes me scratch my head.....Take a new 30 foot Express cruiser, for this example will use Rinker (cause I'm familiar with the brand). Delivered to our dock for 100K. AC/Heat, Shorepower, large Refrig., Windless, fully enclosed, T/350 w/bravo III, TV, DVD, Coffee, Micro, Stove, Lawrance, 1200 Watt Kenwood (factory)with two remotes, Corian Counter tops, ****ter with push button, Presserized Water system w/hot water, Remote spotlight, three sinks,three Batts, and comfortable sleeping accomadations for 4 . Now lets compare that to lets say a new 30 Baja with twins on a steal trailer equipped with as many of the same options as you could.....$150, $170???? Its actually funny to think about the difference in material/equipment cost. I think my old' man summed it up real good when he told me "theres an Ass for every cushion"
You used the wrong boat for comparison. That's why there are so many freakin Bajas because you can get dang near the same boat and still have $120k for gas money!!!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

copper is up 400% in 2 yrs.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
copper is up 400% in 2 yrs.
Thank god for that!
Wire and cable distribution at its finest!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that my friends... is why to buy pre owned
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
And here I thought 80k for a Donzi Classic was reduculous.
It is, and I'm a big 22 Classic fan.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
And here I thought 80k for a Donzi Classic was reduculous.
It is !and its way to much!!!! Like it was said above compare what you get when you buy an express and what you get for the money. It takes more of everything and you get so much more for the money. Labor alone has to be double, and for the most part the warrenties are better and the service has always been better from the cruser people I have delt with. I just don't get it and never will. It just can't be justified
Old 07-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Buying pre-owned is for sure the way to go but at these prices you will have a hard time finding them because they were never purchased to become used. That and 80% of the people who buy these put -0- down so when it comes time to sell they are upside down and have to get top dollar or no sale. It is so far out of control that it will take a few years of -0- sales before they all consolidate and begin to mass produce them at a reasonable cost, but quality suffers then. It is a vicious cycle of ups and downs. We have seen it in the auto industry for over 20 years now. I love my fender boat, I can run it for weeks on a tank of fuel (24 gal) it can handle any sea, goes 50 and can be beached. So it is just a matter of "run what ya brung" and just get out there. After 3 go fast boats I have decided to go with this thought process.
Attached Thumbnails Gulp!  Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...-zodiac-007-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.