Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gulp!  Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends... >

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Notices

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Old 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter, were you in that Skater with the 900's in Penetang this past weekend?

I was up there watching you guys run in my buddy's new Formula 310SS.

That Skater was awesome...

Terrible day-- we still went out to watch some of the run though.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get to stressed out looking at MSRP prices. Magicfloat would probably sell one for MUCH less than that.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered

That makes my mint 03 353 a steel for 165K and you get the trailer too!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

When it comes to boat pricing worry less about the MSRP and drill down to the "transaction price". There seems to be alot supply/demand what's todays incentive marketing going on. I almost think some manufacturers have increase the dealer margin to make it easier handle trade ins and negative equity. Just my .02
Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
How does this sit with you!? $214,590 for a 25' boat!! Yes, the new pricing is out for the Formula 271 and that is what one will cost you with all the bells and whistles!

And NO trailer with that either BTW...
Man I thought you had this all figured out by now but I guess I will have to fill you in. That is LIST price. SO this way when you get the dealer down like 40% you can tell the wife what a great deal you are getting on the boat and how much you worked them down and how FOOLISH you would be NOT to buy it!!! Let me know when you read this so that I can delete it so that my wife does not figure me out
Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Man I thought you had this all figured out by now but I guess I will have to fill you in. That is LIST price. SO this way when you get the dealer down like 40% you can tell the wife what a great deal you are getting on the boat and how much you worked them down and how FOOLISH you would be NOT to buy it!!! Let me know when you read this so that I can delete it so that my wife does not figure me out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know why you guy's are complaining, skyrocketing new boat prices will only help keep up the value of used boats.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
I don't know why you guy's are complaining, skyrocketing new boat prices will only help keep up the value of used boats.
I'm still boatless - hence the complaining
Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
LOL! Yeah Jon, I have / had it figured out - and if there were 40% margin to be had in a new boat, I'd agree - but... we all know that's not the case. With a production boat, you might get what 20%; 25% if you offer to prep and deliver it yourself!? I know MSRP means jack, but... if you take $215K and pull 20% from it you get $172k - for a 25' boat, and no trailer! So, (the mfg.) jacks up the overall pricing - offers sweet "mfg. finance rates", and you end up pre-paying a big chunk your financing by basically financing more $$$... yep, I get it!

I like Brian's idea - $120K for a truly custom - real 28' - boat, all set, ready to go, annnnnd you get a trailer so you don't need to drag it by the d-ring down the street!?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
$120K for a new 28 Active Thunder Savage w/ 525EFI/XR--5 year warranty and lifetime hull warranty, WITH a Nextrail trailer. Let me know what you like for your custom paint.
I can't argue with that. Been there done that as you know

Quick Reply: Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.