Notices

Wakeboard boats

Old 07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wakeboard boats

Anyone know anything about these? I'm looking to trade off my 25 Outlaw for one and have been looking at Correct Craft, Tige', Supra, and Moomba boats.

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

I have been wakeboarding for about 4 yrs now and although I currently have an I/O it is setup pretty decent for wakeboarding (ballast, perfect pass, tower etc.). I have two friends with dedicated wakeboard boats , one with a Ski Centurion and one with a Tige'. There is a ton of info on wakeboarder.com. What size boat are you looking for? All freshwater I assume? (I dunno where you are located)
Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered

Malibu is the only way to go if you are looking for a true wakeboard boat. I have owned a couple of them along with my go fasts.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

You're going to beat your ass to death up there in a wake boat!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah i would either go correct craft or malibu. I have had 2 malibus and love them. Also if you are looking for any kind of wakeboard boat let me know. I am go friends with the malibu and correct craft dealer here.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm located in Western KY by the way. I've looked around on the net at all of the boats mentioned above and I think the Malibu and Mastercrafts are above my budget. I'm wanting to stay as far under $60K as possible.

mneal: freshwater and 22-24'
Old 07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

The new BAJA 247 Islander has a nice wakeboard tower option if you wanted to stay with a BAJA.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
The new BAJA 247 Islander has a nice wakeboard tower option if you wanted to stay with a BAJA.
I saw one of those on my lake a few weeks ago. Didn't get to see it up close, but from where I was it looked really good. They have a 496 though don't they? I'd like to try to get away from those to a SBC instead.

I'd seriously consider staying with Baja. This is my second one and from the dealer experience (Alton Blakley) from service to sales, and the reliability of this one, I'd still consider a Baja. It's been a great boat, but I'm looking for something a little more versatile.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

People are about as passionate about their wakeboat brand as others are about their brand of truck or performance boat regarding the brand they think is the best.

As with anything, drive them all and see which one best fits your needs. I would recommend having someone actually ride behind the boat when you test drive and get their feedback as well. A boat without a rider may seem like a stable platform but get an average size guy behind it and you can feel the rear end getting pulled all over the place. You will also want to bring some friends along during your test to get more of a real world idea of how the boat will perform. Your better brands will be a better overall boat since they are more purpose built and tend to be overbuilt when compared to the more entry level brands like Moomba.

I have several friends that are into the wakeboats and among them, they cover just about every brand of wakeboat imaginable and they will all say what they have is the best. Being in Knoxville Tennessee, we are in the middle of most of the name brand factories including Mastercraft, Mooma, Supra, and Malibu. I can't throw a rock on the weekends and not hit one around here.

My local dealer sold Malibu for years but recently dropped them in favor of a west coast builder called MB. I have never really been into wakeboats but those are some bad azz rides. Basically a custom boat company. http://www.mbsports.net/

Good luck in your search.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

MasterCraft X-Star. Period.

Quick Reply: Wakeboard boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.