Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shout out to arcticfriends (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164100-shout-out-arcticfriends.html)

Griswald 07-21-2007 07:48 PM

Shout out to arcticfriends

Just want to give a shout out to Smitty for all the help and advice he's given me on rebuilding my bravo1. I've messed with drag cars for years, but this is my first time diving into an outdrive. After reading all the posts he's made I reached out to him for some help and he's been a wealth of information for me. Figured out there isn't really much to these things and I'll be on the water by next weekend rebuilding it myself.

Thanks, Smitty! You are a credit to the forum and other members.

Clark

Griswald 07-22-2007 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2206687)
bravo gear extender thing ?

Do you mean the cryo treatment he's had done to his lower gears? No.

Just some first-hand knowledge on repairing the drive and a good deal on a gear set.

Wobble 07-22-2007 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Griswald (Post 2206399)
Just want to give a shout out to Smitty for all the help and advice he's given me on rebuilding my bravo1. I've messed with drag cars for years, but this is my first time diving into an outdrive. After reading all the posts he's made I reached out to him for some help and he's been a wealth of information for me. Figured out there isn't really much to these things and I'll be on the water by next weekend rebuilding it myself.

Thanks, Smitty! You are a credit to the forum and other members.

Clark

Be sure to send him some beads:evilb:

nocigarette 07-22-2007 07:14 PM

It is amazing what a guy can due when he blows enough of his own sh!t up......Just be thankfull he shares it with others.....most guys dont........

DollaBill 07-22-2007 07:15 PM

Smitty hooked me up Sat. I was doing the Shore Dreams/Make a Wish Foundation event and he quickly repaired a shift cable problem for me. Thanks. I'm glad I could still participate. Took out 18 people over a 3 hour time span. Seeing the kids have that much fun was worth every penny of gas and time. We should all be very thankful for what we have and the health of our loved ones.

B

Griswald 07-22-2007 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by nocigarette (Post 2206966)
.....most guys dont........

Hence.....this thread.

articfriends 07-22-2007 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com (Post 2206967)
Smitty hooked me up Sat. I was doing the Shore Dreams/Make a Wish Foundation event and he quickly repaired a shift cable problem for me. Thanks. I'm glad I could still participate. Took out 18 people over a 3 hour time span. Seeing the kids have that much fun was worth every penny of gas and time. We should all be very thankful for what we have and the health of our loved ones.

B

Wrong Smitty:evilb: but I'm sure all the "Smitty's" out there are intent on helping others:D ,Smitty

kennyo 07-23-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 2207195)
Wrong Smitty:evilb: but I'm sure all the "Smitty's" out there are intent on helping others:D ,Smitty

We'll give you a "pass" on this one since you were probably helping someone else!