Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town!  WOW!!!!! >

Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!!

Notices

Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Cigarette V-Bottoms have always been wayyyyyy above the rest!
I was always partial to the real picture of that boat

Of course fallowed by the one of Jeff from Freeze Frame
Attached Thumbnails Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town!  WOW!!!!!-kenny-big-air.jpg   Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town!  WOW!!!!!-freezeframe-lift-off.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok look guy’s I will make this ABC 123 Clear. I posted the Scope deal and Ski Class deal online. Pretty clear deal. Hopefully this will clear things up so everybody will stop saying we F…. Up. I tried to make this a fun race for everybody to have fun and not to have political BS as one person said.

Race Team in questioned, there weekend went as follows.

1.Race team signs up in Ski class in their own writing and has Haggin pay for it. Clue #1

2.Race team goes to drivers meeting and answered to roll call ski class. Clue #2

3.Next roll call for P-1 class is called and there not in it. Clue#3 At this time they could of spoke up and change classes. They did no such thing.

4.Starting Positions and First start P-5—P-2 and ski classes. Clue #4

5.And last but not lease they found their way to the milling circle and line up for the first start. So we know they were listening other wises they would not found their way. And buy the way not in the same Class as P1 which was in start #2. Clue #5.

And for the record they ran one a hell of a race. I’m very proud of Tom and Kevin they were 7mins faster than the first place P1 boat. I only hope they come back and race with us again. POPRA needs more teams like them.

Kevin Cooper
President
POPRA
Old 07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by kcooper
Ok look guy’s I will make this ABC 123 Clear. I posted the Scope deal and Ski Class deal online. Pretty clear deal. Hopefully this will clear things up so everybody will stop saying we F…. Up. I tried to make this a fun race for everybody to have fun and not to have political BS as one person said.

1.Race team signs up in Ski class in their own writing and has Haggin pay for it. Clue #1

2.Race team goes to drivers meeting and answered to roll call ski class. Clue #2

3.Next roll call for P-1 class is called and there not in it. Clue#3 At this time they could of spoke up and change classes. They did no such thing.

5.And last but not lease they found their way to the milling circle and line up for the first start. So we know they were listening other wises they would not found their way. And buy the way not in the same Class as P1 which was in start #2. Clue #5.

And for the record they ran one a hell of a race. I’m very proud of Tom and Kevin they were 7mins faster than the first place P1 boat. I only hope they come back and race with us again. POPRA needs more teams like them.

Kevin Cooper
President
POPRA
I dont think anyone is saying you F up after Kevin's post. he admitted that he assumed he was P1 and didnt read what he signed.

I think the whole thing is understood now.

I know i will be rooting for them next year.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Kevin Cooper
President
POPRA
Like Dan said, Kevin's 2nd post cleared it up. I'm sure they will be there next year.

What's up with the Vegas race?

And why is P6 limited to single engine, 26' boats? I have a twin engine 29' boat but will only run 65MPH. With a 75MPH limit in P5, I don't think I would be competative.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered

BajaFresh,

65 is plenty of speed if we're doing a five mile course and making 50 turns. With the torque the 2 engines give you going through a turn, you should be competitive in P5. The offshore boats run a lot slower in fresh water and in the heat. Have you ever run your boat in the ocean?

J
Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Flashwave
BajaFresh,

65 is plenty of speed if we're doing a five mile course and making 50 turns. With the torque the 2 engines give you going through a turn, you should be competitive in P5. The offshore boats run a lot slower in fresh water and in the heat. Have you ever run your boat in the ocean?

J
Ran out of Ventura over the 4th. Pretty good size water, 3 - 5's, mixed up pretty good (although Coast Guard said 7's off SB) and ran around 50 with occational blasts to 65. Tank still walked me with his TG though.

I wanted to do the Rum Run but had a schedule conflict. Might try the SD race. I'd just hate to spend the POPRA membership fee, race entry fee, team member fees, new helmets, a couple $450+ LifeLine jackets, etc and not be competative.
Any word on Vegas? How about another Ventura race?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Doing circles off the beach is a real challenge. 70 miles of open ocean racing is a nice change. Sort of like stadium racing vs open desert.

We could probably find you a couple of jackets and helmets if you want to give it a try. Fees are a part of all racing. We're waiting to hear definitive answers on LV and SD. Keep an eye on the POPRA web site. Pittsburg is ON!

J
Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Your right, it looks like the "Twisted" Fountain, similar colors.
That was definatly "Twisted". When I painted that boat 5 or 6 yrs ago it had 900 merc's in it. What is he running for power now?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

Kevin Cooper
President
POPRA

Thanks Kevin! I just wanted to say THANKS again for putting this on! I think everyone had a blast that weekend......I know I did and was glad I could help in a small way! Looking forward to next year!